Am I being an unreasonable ninja?

Ryan.

• Members

So I'm doing some drum tracks tonight at our practice space. And there are some aspiring hip hop artists down the way that are seemingly having a party. Playing rap as loud as there system can be pushed with their door wide open.

The rule in the rehearsal building is that when your music is on, your doors are closed. So I walk to find the door thats open and I see my fellow musicians standing their smoking and listening to their music.

"Hey guys, do you think you can mix with your studio door closed? We're just trying to do some recording and I'm afraid that some of the lower frequencies will be picked up in some of the mics."

"Excuse me ninja, you want us to turn down? There ain't no rule that we have to close our door to make music."

"Oh, well I just thought out of common courtesy you might do it anyway, since other people are trying to make music here too."

"Nah ninja, we do what we do, if you got a problem you can move out."

"Okay, thanks anyway guys."

*they laugh as if they're watching a hit show by Tyler Perry as I'm walking back to my studio*

I'm seriously tempted to move my QSC set up into the doorway, and play Rebecca Black's "Friday" on repeat for an hour.

Am I being unreasonable?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I'm doing some drum tracks tonight at our practice space. And there are some aspiring hip hop artists down the way that are seemingly having a party. Playing rap as loud as their system can be pushed with their door wide open.

The rule in the rehearsal building is that when your music is on, your doors are closed. So I walk to find the door thats open and I see my fellow musicians standing their smoking and listening to their music.

"Hey guys, do you think you can mix with your studio door closed? We're just trying to do some recording and I'm afraid that some of the lower frequencies will be picked up in some of the mics."

"Excuse me
ninja
, you want us to turn down? There ain't no rule that we have to close our door to make music."

"Oh, well I just thought out of common courtesy you might do it anyway, since other people are trying to make music here too."

"Nah
ninja
, we do what we do, if you got a problem you can move out."

"Okay, thanks anyway guys."

*they laugh as if they're watching a hit show by Tyler Perry as I'm walking back to my studio*

I'm seriously tempted to move my QSC set up into the doorway, and play Rebecca Black's "Friday" on repeat for an hour.

Am I being unreasonable?

thatsracist.gif

Archived