RIP Devi's Console

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

it's official. 

don't know how to quote on this POS site, but:

"

Hey there,

First of all, to all of you, thank you for your patience and support.

I have failed.

I have mismanaged my money and time and I don't have the resources to finish the console.

This is what is going to happen :

1) The Console design documents, files, and information that have been done will be released to the public.

Half the budget of the Console kickstarter has been spent on actual Console design work, and the other half was mismanaged and end up getting eaten up by business and personal expenses over the course of the past two years.

I understand this is negligence on my part, and I intend on making it up to every single one of you. I know that this will mean I have lost trust in a number of my supporters and fans, and I don't expect to easily gain back that trust, but I'm going to work full time night and day as long as it takes to make it up to everyone.

Here they are : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ciz8fc7jpucilqf/ConsoleConsolidatedInformation.rar

The design information includes the Console I, II, and III base units, PCB's, cartridge pcb's, enclosure and related circuits. All of these are either completed or in the final stage of prototyping.

As I mentioned before, half the budget of the Console kickstarter was spent on the incredible design work by Ken Schurer of Infanem. I want to be very clear that Ken was in no way a part of the failure of this project. He was actually very close to finishing up the Console designs and if it had not been for my own mismanagement of time and money would have had it done a year ago.

2) The ownership of devi ever : fx is being handed over to another pedal company that will be revealed very shortly.

The past two years have proven that I am no longer capable of running a guitar pedal business properly. Between the failure of my ability to manage the Console project, the changing shape of the gear industry, and the most important thing imho : the fact I no longer have a passion for guitar gear

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not sure how you'd get around some of the pot value issues tbh. Maybe make the pots actually control voltage sources that control vactrola of different types/ranges set by the cartridge?

• Members

V wrote:

I am not sure how you'd get around some of the pot value issues tbh. Maybe make the pots actually control voltage sources that control vactrola of different types/ranges set by the cartridge?

I got a few design ideas I was gonna do for it.

The pot issue concerned me though.

I donated $10

Archived