• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Devi's Console

it's official. 

don't know how to quote on this POS site, but:

"

Hey there,

First of all, to all of you, thank you for your patience and support.

I have failed.

I have mismanaged my money and time and I don't have the resources to finish the console.

This is what is going to happen :

1) The Console design documents, files, and information that have been done will be released to the public.

Half the budget of the Console kickstarter has been spent on actual Console design work, and the other half was mismanaged and end up getting eaten up by business and personal expenses over the course of the past two years.

I understand this is negligence on my part, and I intend on making it up to every single one of you. I know that this will mean I have lost trust in a number of my supporters and fans, and I don't expect to easily gain back that trust, but I'm going to work full time night and day as long as it takes to make it up to everyone.

Here they are : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ciz8fc7jpucilqf/ConsoleConsolidatedInformation.rar

The design information includes the Console I, II, and III base units, PCB's, cartridge pcb's, enclosure and related circuits. All of these are either completed or in the final stage of prototyping.

As I mentioned before, half the budget of the Console kickstarter was spent on the incredible design work by Ken Schurer of Infanem. I want to be very clear that Ken was in no way a part of the failure of this project. He was actually very close to finishing up the Console designs and if it had not been for my own mismanagement of time and money would have had it done a year ago.

2) The ownership of devi ever : fx is being handed over to another pedal company that will be revealed very shortly.

The past two years have proven that I am no longer capable of running a guitar pedal business properly. Between the failure of my ability to manage the Console project, the changing shape of the gear industry, and the most important thing imho : the fact I no longer have a passion for guitar gear

MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

while i'm one of the ones that got screwed out of money, i do appreciate the honesty. 

MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

• Shine-ei
      Shine-ei commented
      Editing a comment

that's sad, I guess when you're hearts no longer in it, it's time to move on. Bob you got plenty of money to burn why would you care? Also, what was this console thing she was trying to build? 

lol a blessing in da skies

Comment

haaaaaaa. Sucks.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• macadood
        macadood commented
        Editing a comment

what a ****************show, the whole thing, eh.

at least shes out now and to her day job. i dont understand how her company even existed for as long as it has

lol gracefully

Comment

on a completely unrelated note, does anyone know if joe gagan at nvn ever paid back all of the money he owed?

{O,O}
        (__(\
        " "

Comment

• 100 dollar cars
          100 dollar cars commented
          Editing a comment
          well, good luck to her in the future. glad i was able to get a devi pedal for 15 bucks at a local shop. it might be worth something one day.

That sucks. I was looking forward to releasing carts for that.
        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Bahahaha

Comment

• Lou Speed's Alt
          Lou Speed's Alt commented
          Editing a comment
          Any truth to the rumors that Freekish Ken is the one buying the company?

And Phil likes Devi more than me??!!!

Comment

• hangwire
          hangwire commented
          Editing a comment
          can they start a kickstarter about hiring a lawyer to get funds back for the original kickstarter?

• Phil O'Keefe
          Phil O'Keefe commented
          Editing a comment

alien wrote:
          And Phil likes Devi more than me??!!!

???

• soapbladder
          soapbladder commented
          Editing a comment

I like Devi more than you too... .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

I still would never, ever give her any money. .png" alt=":smileysad:" title="Smiley Sad" />

Also, I like you. .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

If that makes sense. :heart:

Lol wow
        For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

• cryptosonic
          cryptosonic commented
          Editing a comment
          No guys she said sorry, which instantly and irrevocably washes the stink of misappropriation from all past and future endeavours.

I am not sure how you'd get around some of the pot value issues tbh. Maybe make the pots actually control voltage sources that control vactrola of different types/ranges set by the cartridge?
        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• V
          V commented
          Editing a comment

• CodeMonk
          CodeMonk commented
          Editing a comment

V wrote:
          I am not sure how you'd get around some of the pot value issues tbh. Maybe make the pots actually control voltage sources that control vactrola of different types/ranges set by the cartridge?

I got a few design ideas I was gonna do for it.

The pot issue concerned me though.

I donated $10

so uh... the game she's making is called A Cat Named Rape?

http://acatnamedrape.tumblr.com/

totally not surprised by the kickstarter, but I gotta admit I wasn't expecting that...

we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat

Comment

• BrentMpls
          BrentMpls commented
          Editing a comment

nomenclature wrote:

so uh... the game she's making is called A Cat Named Rape?

http://acatnamedrape.tumblr.com/

totally not surprised by the kickstarter, but I gotta admit I wasn't expecting that...

Sad

So on her tax returns she puts crowd funding scam artist as her job title?
        Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

• Player99
          Player99 commented
          Editing a comment

Devi has given up her business, her console, and is now trying to start something else. Along with the personal issues she struggles with I doubt she is happy.

I have to poop

Comment

• Player99
          Player99 commented
          Editing a comment
          A poop named Rape

Its sort of a pathetic aesthetic really. Like OK we get it you like to be edgy and make everything pink and black. And what is the sentiment behind that other than hey let me get your sensory attention?
        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• Pedaltones
          Pedaltones commented
          Editing a comment

lol 

Textbook flakey stoner move. 

What about a kickstarter to get her back on her feet again? Everyone deserves a second chance right?

Working...
      X