Multiple Channel Tuning

lukevosper

• Members

Hi, I play guitar and bass in a band, switching instruments for different songs. I have two separate sets of pedals for each instrument. Currently I am using a boss tuner for the bass and using a zoom multi-effects pedal to tune the guitar.

The problem is that the tuner on the multi-effects is pretty rubbish. 

What I am looking for is a way to combine all my pedals on to one board, and just use one tuner to tune both instruments. I would obviously need a way to combine the bass and guitar signals, put them into a tuner, and then split them up so they can go into their respective pedals and then amps. 

I thought about using to A/B switches although this would be a pain to press two pedals every time I switch. 

I also thought about making a pedal that has two passive channels, one input/output for the guitar and one input/output for the bass. The outputs would go into the respective pedals. Then it would have one extra output that somehow has the bass and guitar signals combined that would then be connected to a tuner. 

Any thoughts/ideas on how I could do this? Or maybe someone has a better option.

Thanks

• Members

Sorry, I did this with my finger on my tablet, but this would be an easy way to keep two separate ins and outs and then send them both to a 5th tuner out jack. I drew it with an LED as well, but you don't have to do that (you can use a dpdt in that case).Tuner Combiner Mute 3pdt.jpg

Archived