There should be a IC Big Muff reissue

Mr.scary96

• Members

Like waaaay more gain. I think the minimum is maybe like almost max on a regular ic muff.

It's more related to the muff fuzz than a big muff though. It's also only partly IC. Renula named it Loomer so who's going to argue with that.

I'd totally support a faithful ice muff reissue with true bypass though. That's be awesome.

• Members

I'm guessing the answer to this is similar to the space station - there's a minority out there that's clamoring for it, but they're still a minority. I'm sure it's difficult to market the difference between IC and op-amp and whatever to the average guitar player and they need to move serval hundred units to make the development and manufacture profitable.

I would presume that most sophisticated pedal buyers who want this already have a boutique build of it and would turn their noses up at a mass-produced version, anyway.

Or I could be totally wrong.

• Members

Might do a delay or reverb or pitch modulation effect but I need to make sure its something I am interested in releasing. I dont put things out that I don't feel are something I would use instead of the other offerings out there either cause its different or better. So if I were to do a reverb for example it would probably be something kind of weird that wouldn't be up Strymon or Neunaber's alley like maybe a reverb with LFO controlled feedback or a reverb that has an octavia type effect only on the reverb portion. I am working on some delay prototypes actually but again I need to feel that the final thing is different enough to be interesting to me.

• Members

That's a good question. I don't know what the answer is but around the same time the muff fuzz also was converted to op amps and that also sounds awesome. Maybe it was a reaction to the distortion +?

Archived