Digitech Jamman Jam Sync

Phleau

• Members

How does it work? 

JamMan\_Solo\_X\_T\_Front\_medium.jpg

Is it just basic midiclock and would it be possible to use a midi to 3,5mm jack to sync it to other non-Digitech devices? Or does it work in a more primitive audiopulse or CV/Gate kind of way?

I'm looking for a small one button looper with midi sync capabilities and the JamMan Solo XT or Express XT seem to be the only ones around that seem to be capable of doing this, although it doesn't have midi I wonder if there is a workaround to sync this thing to midi via jam sync. Anyone with one of these loopers and knows the answer, or can find out?

• Members

the manual of the solo says, it is designed to sync more jamman products only

e.g. u and your bassplayer use a jamman looper, u connect them via sync together, u can record a loop and your bass player also and both will be kept in sync, same timeing etc...

thats more complicated than a "simple" midi timing source

the jamman stereo has a rythm out and a headphones out, where you can route the "click track" so your other players like drummer have a guide to the tempo

the only looper with midi ins/out i know is the boss rc300

• Members

Thanks, I was hoping to get a reaction from you! So there is absolutely no workaround possible to sync with other non-jamman devices? There must be some way, right? It's a shame that MIDI is so overlooked when it comes to loopers, this makes them useless in a live band situation. (The JamMan stereo would be the most perfect looper if it only had MIDI capabilities...) So I was psyched when I found out about the Jam Sync on the new JamMans, but it would be kind of a bummer if it's only compatible with other JamMans.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi all I am new to this forum. I've registerd here, cause I can see it might be a good source of information about jamman (and jamsync). 

I am owner of Jamman Solo and have an idea for simple device really helping me work with looper (and my lack of ryth feeling :) ). It would require to be master for my Jamman 

So I have a question to DigiTech:

• is it possible to obtain tech specification of JamSync protocol to easy creating of the device ? 
  • does DigiTech allow 3rd parties to  build devices using (or being compatibile with) JamSync ?

• 11 months later...
  • Members

JamSync is a midi link but with SysEx (coded) signals.

Using reverse engineering, i manage to send sucessfully JamSync signals and build a device able to convert Midi Beat Clock into JamSync.

Tests was done on this SyncMan : http://www.customliveelectronics.com/en/effets-guitare/accessoires-pedales/24-syncman-jamman-volca-monotribe-midi

It can handle Midi syncro AND TTL signal from korg machine. A must!

Regards

Archived