Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiohead tone: Bodysnatchers

Heard the new Radiohead? Now, how does Jonny get that amazingly dirty guitar tone on track #2? Cranked small amp? Some distortion pedal? Whaddya say? oke:
    Good deals: cpage86, H.R. Shove and Stuff, lank81, Crxsh, Agreed, izesca, thisISjoel, Dr. Picklebottom, sameoldbluesman, themeanreds, Andy315, O'Rourke, dcindc, kgraber, djfrank, CicadaSilence, zygoat, jimihalen, Pointer, letsgocoyote

even if i told you, or even if you had johnny's setup in front of you. only johnny can do johnny's stuff. i mean, come on, its Radiohead! would you really want to emulate their tone? thats kind of like asking how picasso painted.

Comment

small, cheap amp CRANKED is my guess
      Telecaster -> pedals -> Classic 30
      My albums, free downloads! | http://www.youtube.com/martusonline | My Soundclick

Comment

even if i told you, or even if you had johnny's setup in front of you. only johnny can do johnny's stuff. i mean, come on, its Radiohead! would you really want to emulate their tone? thats kind of like asking how picasso painted.

Karma Police, arrest this man!!

Well, I didn't ask "How could I replicate his tone", I asked "What does he uses". It's just a matter of curiosity, because I like it, and wonder how he achieves it.

M'kay?

I do agree that Jonny is Jonny, and no one plays like him!
        Good deals: cpage86, H.R. Shove and Stuff, lank81, Crxsh, Agreed, izesca, thisISjoel, Dr. Picklebottom, sameoldbluesman, themeanreds, Andy315, O'Rourke, dcindc, kgraber, djfrank, CicadaSilence, zygoat, jimihalen, Pointer, letsgocoyote

Comment

his main amps are a fender deluxe 85 and ac30 afaik.
          http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/bendedavis

Comment

small, cheap amp CRANKED is my guess

My guess too, but which cheap amp?

Comment

I think there were photos floating around the net showing him using a cheap Squire practice amp in the studio. I've also seen a photo of him using a Champion 600 ( original, not the reissue).
              ---------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by echodeluxe

needs more juice.

Good Deals with: NITEFLY182, Spudro, Tolling Bells, Duderanimous, IRG, raine36, Clorox, ATauO, sparky_8, timeforheroes, Amplifier Worship, rohr28 and several others here and at TGP

HAVE FOR TRADE/SELL:

WANT:

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ol-Stage-Player-Fender-Deluxe-85-Solid-State-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ260171101283QQihZ016QQcategoryZ 38074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
                http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/bendedavis

Comment

I reckon that tone is all in the recording, wouldn't be too easy to replicate.

Comment

Karma Police, arrest this man!!

Well, I didn't ask "How could I replicate his tone", I asked "What does he uses". It's just a matter of curiosity, because I like it, and wonder how he achieves it.

M'kay?

I do agree that Jonny is Jonny, and no one plays like him!

HAHA!!!
                    I was just being a smartass!!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ol-Stage-Player-Fender-Deluxe-85-Solid-State-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ260171101283QQihZ016QQcategoryZ 38074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's solid state, we're looking for a cheap TUBE amp, I guess.

Oh, look:

What is that?

Comment

in studio pics on dead air space, they had a few small 10-15watt amps,

I think Jonny had a small squier amp, probabaly cranked
                        My Board

Forum Hotties:MakuseruSukotto, Parah Salin, Letsgocoyote, Kriista,Scarlet Theory

http://indigowolf.bandcamp.com/ (Guitars and Keys)
                        www.myspace.com/mdogpinecone

www.facebook.com/mathias.w.dowle

Originally Posted by rhcp311

Damn it, I hate people. If it wasn't for people, **************** like this wouldn't exist!

Comment

Neck pickup, too.

Listening to that song I thought "Wow this tone is terrible" but it works for the song anyway.

Comment

thats one of my favorite songs on the album.

Comment

That's solid state, we're looking for a cheap TUBE amp, I guess.

Oh, look:

What is that?

Looks like a Champion 600 to me.

As for the song, I've been able to cop it decently well with the neck pickup of my strat into a Box of Rock with the gain all the way up. It does a decent job of copping that dirty, woofy tone from the intro.
                              Rig:
                              Strat->RMC3(FWR)->Fuzz Factory->Mini Deja-Vibe->Tone Press->Crunch Box->Box of Rock->Analogman DD-6->DMM->HRD

Comment

Working...
                              X