Thinking about flipping my Flint for a space. Talk me into it or out of it...

jordanjordan

• Members

The crickets are deafening.

As I cannot offer aninformed opinion about any of the gear you mentioned, and it has been nearly an hour since the initial, unanswered OP, you may wish to take your query to a site where gear is the top topic.

Personally, I'd ditch anything Strymon because of the diificulty with replacenebt part,,,all that proprietary jazz... makes me nervous.

Blind Doc Jones, chairman of the HeMan StrymonHaters Club.

• Members

lefort_1 wrote:

The crickets are deafening.

As I cannot offer aninformed opinion about any of the gear you mentioned, and it has been nearly an hour since the initial, unanswered OP, you may wish to take your query to a site where gear is the top topic.

Personally, I'd ditch anything Strymon because of the diificulty with replacenebt part,,,all that proprietary jazz... makes me nervous.

Blind Doc Jones, chairman of the HeMan StrymonHaters Club.

Haha. I think you summed it up. 

TBH, I thought i would see if a thread still got traction here as a last dash attempt to find out if it was still worth coming here. Got my answer I guess. 

• Members

I owned a Space, and ultimately got rid of it. It's cool, and there are a ton of features, but it seemed overkill to me. I almost always ended up just using one Hall setting anyway, so why bother with a pedal that has 100 presets? I guess I just never understood needing a super versatile reverb pedal. There are lots of cool features, but honestly, I'm happier just using my RRR. Haven't missed the Space at all since my RRR returned to my board.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I have both the Space and H9. The H9 wins for me because you can purchase any algorythm found in their stompboxes. They costs 20 bucks each which, when you think of it, is very affordable. Want a flanger or phaser or cool delay in eventide quality for 20 bucks?  One thing, though: it's optimised to work with apple stuff like iphone and ipads. Android is not supported and for windows it works via usb to buy and download the algorythms through the excellent H9 control application. Expensive at first but absolutely great.

Archived