OT (since this place is abandoned anyway) Who are your pics for AFC/NFC champs tomorrow?

• Members

I've seen Peyton lose his mojo in the playoffs before, but Brady has too, and the Pats have suffered some big injuries recently. I won't be bothered either way, but I think Peyton deserves a W with his strong performance this year, passing some of Brady's records.

Denver wins 38-20

A friend of mine who passed was a die hard Seachickens fan, so I'm rooting for them. Hard not to root for the 49ers since I'm a Bears fan. Harbaugh was a Bears QB, and the 49ers former HC was a Bears linebacker. Oh well. If he was still around he'd be chewing my ear off about the 12th man. I'll honor him by rooting for his team tomorrow. 

Seattle wins 24-17

I think the matchups for these games are uncanny though. Think about it for a minute...

AFC: Two of the best QBs of all time in the game, Welker playing on the opposite side with an equally impressive QB, both have strong defense.

NFC: Two of the most dangerous and mobile QBs in the game, strong receivers, VERY strong defenses, and one of the more well-known same-division rivalries.

Good luck to all the teams. Regardless who wins I wish all the players well and hope to see some exciting football!

• Members

I'll never count out Belichick. He's as smart as they come. And the Harbaughs are doing great things for football.

You could very well be right, but on the other side of the coin, John Fox and Pete Carroll are no slouches by any means. Excellent point about coaches though.

• Members

WWW wrote:

Denver wins 38-20

Seattle wins 24-17

Finals:

Denver wins 26-16

Seattle wins 23-17

Not too shabby of a guess huh?

And for Sherman, he is one of my least liked players, and I share a last name with the moron. :smileyembarrassed:

• Members

I'm a Pats fan, and have to congratulate the Broncos.  They outplayed us completely, and will be fine representatives for the AFC in the Big Game.

One of these days Belichick is going to get past his kuckle-dragging obstinacy about altitude ("I think the other team plays at the same altitude") and read an article about acclimatization.  When I read the Pats went out on Friday, I knew they'd get their asses handed to them.  I used to do high altitude mountaineering, a mile high is enough (and pro sports performance margins thin enough) that you ought to bring the team out 72 hours early, encourage them to hydrate, etc. 

When you're hypoxic, the most telltale symptoms are poor judgement, declining performance, and irritability.  Watching the Patriots fail to make plays they've made all year certainly made me wonder why they didn't spend the better part of the week somewhere in Colorado Springs. 

Dumb move from a normally intelligent franchise.

Richard Sherman is garbage; just an absolute insult to the game and really just makes me cringe.  Having him on television makes me ache for our country; what disguting loser behavior.  He has some athletic abilities but sooner or later, he'll have his Michael Vick moment and who will be surprised?  Does he have parents?

Having said that - keep the sharp objects away from Kaepernick.  Him and Belichick both seemed suicidal in their postgames ....

WWW wrote:

WWW wrote:

Denver wins 38-20

Seattle wins 24-17

Finals:

Denver wins 26-16

Seattle wins 23-17

Not too shabby of a guess huh?

And for Sherman, he is one of my least liked players, and I share a last name with the moron. 
:smileyembarrassed:

Gives a whole new meaning to "Bud Bowl." ;)

And for the record, I've never had a problem with sports-related threads in the past - as long as they're marked OT and don't take over the front page, I'm fine with them. :)

Archived