Yamah BS-100 Bass Cabinet

MrTexasJamm

• Members

I bought this at a Pawn Shop. Someone Pawned it years ago and left it there. Shop decided to clear their inventory. I could NOT pass it up as it was very clean and functional.

I hooked up a pre-amp and effects pedal, plugged in my bass guitar and WOW! Clean, Crisp, NO HUM. Roars like a 500 watt Mesa Boogie. 300 Watts RMS

1bc11a0cef487be71400a469d614106e.thumb.jpg.a23e2fc542a6c2efa8c19c589bdfbac8.jpg

1fbcc31648e455f2882f66ce27687ae7.thumb.jpg.d0d3676a283d8d5d9c254a95f074a0fc.jpg

• Members

I tried to post more pictures of the speakers, Cabinet and cover, but size and space restrictions would not allow me to post them here. When they say "This is an Ampeg Killer" they were NOT joking. I can just imagine 6 or 10 of these stacked. Who needs a stinking P.A.? These would part your hair!

• Members

Happy New Cab Day. From what I can find out those were made in the early 70's. You have a cab and power amp, about 100 Watts RMS (if it says 300 Watts somewhere that's likely power consumption rather than output). For best results you'll need a preamp or you could possibly use it as a slave with a second amp. Not a lot of low end--definitely not for use with a 5-string--but as you've discovered plenty loud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That's the powered cabinet for the YBA-100. Here's mine before and after:

YamahaYBA-100before.jpg

YBA100-BBQ.jpg

It houses a rock solid Yamaha 100 watt solid-state power amp pushing 3 x 8-ohm 12" Yamaha bass speaker wired in parallel. Output is around 2.2 ohm equivalent to 300 watts RMS give-or-take.

The head unit is a pre-amp and mixer with multiple outputs. It was designed to be a system whereby you add more powered bottoms when you needed more power. They're even made to be stacked.

Mine was a bit rough when I got it so I made did some mods: changed the baffle from particle board to ply (rest of the cab is ply so they must have thought using an MDF baffle was a feature) and replaced the speakers with a 1x15 JBL K-140 and 2x10" 400 watt neodymium's. It's bass-god-in-a-box now.

There's a pristine unit - head and bottom - that has shown up locally that I have trouble not getting, but no space is my reality factor.

Archived