Preamp out on the Bugera 6260

Johnny_Trumain

• Members

Hey yall, pardon the "newbie" question, I've just started acquiring gear again and forgot how to rig everything up... haha

I've acquired a bugera 6260 head and it has a preamp out option.

Can I run a instrument cable from that into my ADA MP-1?

Thanks

• Members
Hey yall, pardon the "newbie" question, I've just started acquiring gear again and forgot how to rig everything up... haha

I've acquired a bugera 6260 head and it has a preamp out option.

Can I run a instrument cable from that into my ADA MP-1?

Thanks

I've never played that amp but I think the pre-amp out would be more for running signal into a power amp. If you wanted to see how the ADA and the 6260 sounded together I would plug into the ADA first then into the 6260, using the ADA like a stomp box.

• Members

A preamp out on an amp is like Dae says, designed to feed a power amp/speaker, or it can be used to feed a PA or recorder direct. There would be lo logical purpose having the guitar preamp feed another preamp.

The pedal is a substitute for a guitar amp preamp. you could stick it on a pedal board and feed a power amp directly or a PA. Units old school lacking cab emulation. A bit noisy too. If you're into recording you can probably find some use for it in a recording chain but Bugera is a decent amp and I cant see any use for using it on that rig. If you have an effects loop you could try it in there but I don't see much sense in it myself.

Archived