Mystery Cab with Marshall head

oldironkc

• Members

Not sure if the name on the cab is the maker of the cab or if its the name of the band.

The cab looks to have metal corners and the grill cloth frame looks to be removable - either that of the cab is in such bad shape the baffle is falling out.

The name on the cab as is looks like it says Bachmann or Baldwin Burns. If its as old as it looks it may be some obscure cab from the 60's or an import.

When I blow the name up to 400% and enhance it the name looks to start with a T or and F and has 8 to ten letters with a t or h in the middle (or both) something like Techimen, Farehaven, maybe even Rickenbacker. Cant make out the second word at all.

It may the name of an amp manufacturer or it may simply be the name of the band.

Since you dug up this photo you mist have some clue as to what band it is. At least you can give people some kind of clue where you got the photo and why you're posting it. Sometime you get people posting on forums who know very well what the photo is and simply want to troll it out for some reason. The photos hung on the amp seem to signify some dead musicians or a memorial of some kind. I don't recognize either.

• Members

WRGKMC,

Thank You for your great analysis! I too was thinking something like "...mann" I will post the full photo of the band, which was taken in 1990 in their rehearsal space in the Belltown area of Seattle. Their name is Pearl Jam! The amp has always puzzled me. I am quite sure it is Mike McCready's amp. The picture hanging on below the head seems to be a woman and the one on the head might be Muddy Waters , BB King, or Leadbelly. This is the only time I have seen this amp, and I am sure Mike did not tour with it. I appreciate your help![ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32228033}[/ATTACH]

Archived