Kawai peices .

Newbnewb

• Members

Yes headphones for now mainly till I move were I wont bother anyone .

But will look into amp same time if a deal comes up.

Keyboard was a steal owned by a church and taken care by music teacher , he refurbished some of the hammers that needed replacing also .

I think for $350 Canadian it was well worth it..

And thank you for a reply , my head set could not pick up 3 last black keys on right side but worked perfect from amp he should me system working .

• Members
The Kawai MP9000 is a digital Keyboard , sorry guess I should have mentioned that .

I'm aware of that, thanks. ;) Unfortunately, there isn't a keyboard specific version of the AmPlug. A bass amp typically has a fairly even response compared to the midrange heavy response of a guitar amp. I know from experience you can play an acoustic guitar through a bass or keyboard amp with decent results so I figured the bass version might work for a keyboard. It might not have the upper end response you'd like but it should work if you're not picky. Anyway, I'm not sure where you'd find a decent amp for the $40 an AmPlug costs.

• Members

If the Keyboard doesn't have headphone outs then you simply buy a headphone amp for it. A Headphone amp will make the keyboard sound the way its supposed to sound, no more no less.

Behringer, Art, Pyle and many other make perfectly good headphone amps for under $50 https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HA400?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxt-29PWx2QIVkrrACh3_oAGOEAQYBSABEgK4-vD_BwE

You want to use a headphone amp. First because its stereo, second because its designed to drive headphones, third because its designed to drive a full frequency keyboard, 4th its got a flat frequency response that doesn't have oddball frequency bumps. 5th its the ideal impedance level for a keyboards line level outs so you wont get any distortion.

If you need an amp for performing, that's a whole different thing. You want either a keyboard amp or personal PA for a full frequency response. last band I played with used a keyboard amp and active DI box and also ran through the PA.

• Members

Thank you for responding , yes it has headphone output just my headphones are ment for computer chat and that's it .

I had to use them to test the keyboard out and found higher end black keys did not come trough .

Yet on the amp there they did , so wanted to idea on a good set of headphones to not piss people in apartment building off.

But would be a good way to brake a lease , kidding ....

• Members

If anything, you may need better headphones rather than an amp. I'm curious though about the "3 last black keys on right side". Can you hear the last few white keys? If you can, the problem may not be in your headphones since the frequency response required to reproduce, say, a G should be wide enough to reproduce the F# below that.

• Members

I agree with Deepend. your problem seems to be the headphones not the headphone amp.

Cheap consumer/gaming headphones are designed for voice, not high fidelity music. You have dead notes because the headphones are unable to reproduce those frequencies.

Its not like you have to spend a mint for some decent studio headphones either. You can buy a set of AKG Closed back headphones for $49. I bought a set as a backup to my $200 set and the sound quality is nearly identical. Super comfortable and natural sounding too, even if you wear glasses like I do. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/akg-k72-closed-back-studio-headphones/j31678000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIssGxn7m02QIVTbnACh2K3gimEAYYAiABEgIp9fD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221957295827-device^c-plaid^323968794223-sku^J31678000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

The point is studio headphones will have a Flat response you can trust and every note will not only sound equal but rich and full. If they don't it would only be the keyboard itself and then you'd have to add an EQ running into a headphone amp to compensate. I doubt that's the case however. I own several keyboards and they design the keyboards to sound great through studio Headphones. Unless its something really ancient or defective its likely full frequency and your headphones are the problem.

• Members

Thank you WRGKMC this last post was what I was looking for .

True using a amp the keyboard works perfectly , its my headphones as expected.

I was looking at Sweetwater and they seem to have same impression on what I should get or need .

They even sent me a list , email what they have .

They said set of studio been what I am after and price range from 49$ to over 300$ , depended on what I wanted to pay or intended of them in the long run .

Thanks everyone think this should solve my problems..

Archived