How many of you use covers or cases...

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

I have them for every head, cabinet, and combo. Why would anyone buy an expensive item and not try and protect it? A cosmetically damaged item loses more value than the cost of the protection is in most cases, unless the item is cheap to begin with.

• Members

I may have a head cover but covers on large cabinets get ripped up to easily sliding it in and out of a truck. Moving blankets are much more practical.

Hard cases are OK on small combo amps. Highly impractical on large heavy amps unless you got a crew to move them.

My old school PA rack is one of those carpeted beasts with heavy duty wheels and locking covers. Its made of 3/4" plywood and fully loaded one man cant lift it. The lightweight fiberglass units definitely have their advantages.

• Moderators

I have vinyl covers for all five of my gigging amps. Practice amps, recording amps and basket cases, no...except for my Champion 600...the vinyl cover was inexpensive enough, and I have a cover for my SCXD, but it is currently not gigging, but it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Now that I have learned how to sew on a sewing machine I have sewn covers for all of my amps. Seven in total now. They say protection from dust is a good thing. :)

Here are a few photos...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32157181}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32157182}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32157183}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":32157184}[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have covers for all my amps. Padded Mesa covers to be exact. I'm thinking Mesa ships a cover with each amp but a local reseller charges extra so every year on boxing day they put a big box at the front full of them for $5 each. Not perfect fits, but close enough for rock and roll.

Archived