What is your favorite Mesa map?

Dr. Tweedbucket

• Members

I played through a Subway Blues for a few years. It's a 20 Watt combo with a single 10 inch speaker. I ran it at half power, turned it all the way up and ran it through the PA and monitors.

It sounded like a tube amp turned all the way up but it wasn't loud. FOH loved it even more than I did.

• Members
I played through a Subway Blues for a few years. It's a 20 Watt combo with a single 10 inch speaker. I ran it at half power, turned it all the way up and ran it through the PA and monitors.

It sounded like a tube amp turned all the way up but it wasn't loud. FOH loved it even more than I did.

Those were great amps.

I had a Subway Rocket ... a similar amp. I wish I never sold it!

• Members

Beyond a shadow of a doubt the Mesa Tremoverb was the most amazing amp ever built. I bought the 2x12 combo and the thing just didn't have a bad tone to be found on it.

Unfortunately it messed up my back and started ditching out the heavy weigh amps. The combo weighed in at 98 lbs and the cab was pretty wide to boot. i didn't mess it up lifted heavy gear either.

They should reissue it in a small version, and I be the first in line.

The Mark IV was a real pain in the but to dial in a killer tone quickly on all 3 channels, as it shared tone controls among channels.

I bought a Mesa Nomand over the Mark IV, just because it it didn't not share tone controls and was easy to dial in 3 decent tones quickly.

The Mark V is simular, but much better.

• Members

Beyond a shadow of a doubt the Mesa Tremoverb was the most amazing amp ever built. I bought the 2x12 combo and the thing just didn't have a bad tone to be found on it.

Unfortunately it messed up my back and started ditching out the heavy weigh amps. The combo weighed in at 98 lbs and the cab was pretty wide to boot. i didn't mess it up lifted heavy gear either.

They should reissue it in a small version, and I be the first in line.

The Mark IV was a real pain in the but to dial in a killer tone quickly on all 3 channels, as it shared tone controls among channels.

I bought a Mesa Nomand over the Mark IV, just because it it didn't not share tone controls and was easy to dial in 3 decent tones quickly.

The Mark V is similar, but much better.

• Members

Mesa Boogie Road King II. Had for 15 years now. Originally bought a version 1 and it was horrible but I think it was how the previous owner treated it. I sent it back to GC and got a version 2. Love it. Covers everything I need. It is a bit of a monster. I have it down to the Head, 2x12 cab, pedal board and my guitar. I have a small fold-able cart to put all my stuff on. Works well.

Archived