any impressions on Boss Katana mini?

Emory

• Members

I visit US once a year, and was considering one of those. I play mostly at beach, so battery power essential. I have most under $300 battery powered guitar amps, but new flavor... . Sooo 1. How is it in volume department, compared to a Micro cube or Vox Mini 5, especially in clean mode (not into head banging music)? 2. Sound? Good, bad, indifferent? It seems like a Fly 3 on steroids... only effect is delay, but small and light (I walk about 15 minutes with guitar and amp, so weight is a factor when you're a geezer like me). Torn between Katana mini and Vox Mini 5 rhythm (have DA-5 already..)

Thanks in advance for any of your views

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Finally got one last night, and it is very very good. Weighs about as much as an empty lunch box.... a big plus. Sound not as loud as a Micro Cube, but good enough. Sounds are great, if there is such a thing as "clean" distortion in the crunchier section.... articulate, great harmonics and overtones.... have only played using Guild Starfire IV and 69 Gibson. Well worth the money...

• Members

I assume you were being funny, and POS is the dog. Like I said, I play at the beach. I have no transport, so packing guitar and amp for 15 minutes in the tropics, being over 60, excludes Marshall stacks & added weight of extension cord. Walk a mile in my sandals, and then decide what you might carry and use

Archived