Problem with Bugera 6262

vtrain8764

• Members

I have a Bugera 6262 combo that just started a weird intermittent problem. While it's on the clean channel, sometimes it jumps itself to the crunch mode. While it's in the crunch mode, the footswitch becomes inoperable, and I can't get it to do anything. The lead channel button won't activate while it's doing this. I thought it was the footswitch, but this has happened without the footswitch plugged in. This has happened a half dozen times over 6 months. I took it to my local tech, and he couldn't get it to do this. Everything checked out normal. Anybody have an idea?

• Members

I have a similar problem with my bugera. sometimes it switches to the lead or crunch mode by itself. I only use the clean channel so it used to switch to the lead channel on its on a lot. but now it doesn't do that anymore. I hope it remains that way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

A common problem with modern amps is the cheap and dirty voltage regulators that use a Zener diode and a power resistor.

The power resistor heats up and sometimes causes an open circuit that can result in unexpected voltages which confuse the logic circuits that control the switching.

• Members

I don't have a schematic. I am absolutely not interested in "disconnecting" the lead channel. I would buy an amp with only clean, that is not an option. The gain channel is amazing on this amp, that's what I bought it for.

Archived