Its been some years, Amps....Is this place still a random haven of freedom and OT posts?

PuppetOfMasters

• Members

Sorry, but NOPE.

I got here maybe 8 or 9 years ago? The amp forum was very much a closed club, if you weren't one of the regulars and dared to post here, you were likely to be ignored or pummled with sarcastic answers. But there were some interesting characters and personalities. Lots of off-topic conversations about things like guns/gun rights and pit bulls.

What happened, you may ask? A couple of things...a major one being several re-boots and makeovers of the forum, at least one of them that brought all the HC forums down for over a week. Then Facebook happened, and it really seem to kill participation in some forums, including this one. AND, some former member here went and started their own forum ( ampforum DOT com? I'm not sure....) and that probably drained the last drops of lifeblood from here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I poke my head in time in again to see how it's going. Honestly, it seems that activity is actually getting better recently. Around four or five years ago, this place was as dead as a door nail. I just think with all the problems this place had in the past, most members got fed up and left for greener pastures.

Archived