Where is the Sunn Beta Lead reissue!?

taconight2night

• Members

With the popularity of this amp today, I wonder why they haven't made a reissue.... I know I would be the first to pounce on one if they did. The Beta Lead has always been the sound in my head that I have chased for years and continue to chase. Problem is, they are tuff to find in good shape and when that rare gem does come around, you are forced to spend upwards of $1000 for a 30+ year old SS amp that could be on its last leg no matter how good it looks. Yes, they can be re-capped, wired, have parts replaced, but to me that kind of kills the idea that you own an actual original, if that makes sense. Please bring these amps back!

• Members

I have a Concert Lead. 200W. My old bass player bought it back about 76 and gave it to me about 15 years ago. I had to recap it and get it back in shape. Its back in mint condition now and sounds as good as a tube amp I've owned. Its got a unique power section that is unusual. It uses a transformer to add inductance to the output transistors to emulate tube tones. I often use it as a second bass head as well as for guitar.

sunn-concert-lead-48462.jpg

I have one of the 612L 6X12 cabs too.

hmwucfxtez0ams0irowd.jpg

vintage-sunn-6x12-6x12s-350-watt-70s_1_f1ebf5eef150592ea11f3fafa0693432.jpg

Archived