Jcm2000 rig question

PT Ortiz

• Members

I have a Peavey cab with similar Eminence speakers. They look identical to the ones they been making since the 70's and have sold as stock OEM speakers to many different manufacturers. I've had these in my Ampeg, cabs, Sunn, Peavey, you name it.

ucswspj6p7fqqddvwquy.jpg

I used my Peavey 4X12 cab with my Marshall head before I bought my Marshall 1960 with 75W Celestin Cream backs.

The tone of the Eminence isn't bad nor is it great. It does a fair job getting good Marshall tone from a Marshall head. These basic Eminence speakers are what you'd classify as middle of the road for tone. Half American and Half British tone they are highly adaptable to whatever you have driving them which makes them adaptable to many heads.

They are basic speakers however. You hear a big jump quality going to the Celestion like I did. I still use the Peavey cab with those speakers for my Fender head and it does a good job with that head too.

If you get the cab at a good price, go for it. You can always upgrade the speakers and sell off the stock ones. You could get Celestions or save money buying some British voiced Eminence speakers.

The cab itself looks good. Its likely got a similar construction and therefore similar bass resonance of a Marshall cab so that shouldn't be an issue. you could always change the Grill cloth to a Marshall pattern to get a better match too. That's what I did on my 1960 cab. It was used and had saggy, brown, stained, burlap cloth Marshall used for awhile which was all beat up. I bought some Marshall cloth and changed it out. I had enough for the head too so the two match and made it look classy.

Archived