Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vox amp users - how do you usually have your EQ set?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

    Interesting... do you think their Strat 14 unit would work with the bridge on the Rogue?
    hadn't really thought about that...but it probably would, it's bridge is very similar to a Tele or Strat hard tail, IIRC.
    They make a b+g Bender as well; I see they have a bender for Bigsby vibrato...that's new...
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by daddymack View Post

      hadn't really thought about that...but it probably would, it's bridge is very similar to a Tele or Strat hard tail, IIRC.
      They make a b+g Bender as well; I see they have a bender for Bigsby vibrato...that's new...
      If I got one I'd want one of their double benders - one on the B and one on the G string... although it looks like that would cost close to three hundred bucks - quite a bit more than the lap steel!

      I used to have a Hipshot with that B / G string arrangement years ago - I don't know / remember what ever happened to that; my current Hipshot just has the hip / B bender and the drop D lever for the low E string.

      I noticed that Bigsby unit too. Looks interesting.
      **********

      "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

      - George Carlin

      "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

      "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

        If I got one I'd want one of their double benders - one on the B and one on the G string... although it looks like that would cost close to three hundred bucks - quite a bit more than the lap steel!

        I used to have a Hipshot with that B / G string arrangement years ago - I don't know / remember what ever happened to that; my current Hipshot just has the hip / B bender and the drop D lever for the low E string.

        I noticed that Bigsby unit too. Looks interesting.
        The price is why I have not pulled the trigger ..but the Bowdens can be used over and over again as they are bolt-on, which does make them a bit more attractive.

        The Hipshot bender was a much less intrusive process than the Parsons, but still required drilling into the body, which I was generally not willing to do.
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

        Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
        "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by daddymack View Post

          The Hipshot bender was a much less intrusive process than the Parsons, but still required drilling into the body, which I was generally not willing to do.
          You don't "have" to drill with a Hipshot - you can just hold it in place with the strap button - but I've found they are more stable and the tuning is better if you anchor them with a couple of screws.
          **********

          "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

          - George Carlin

          "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

          "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

            You don't "have" to drill with a Hipshot - you can just hold it in place with the strap button - but I've found they are more stable and the tuning is better if you anchor them with a couple of screws.
            Exactly. I know someone who originally put a HSBB on with just the strap button and wound up having to drill it...at least that version you could anchor on the butt end, not on the face.
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

            Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
            "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

            Comment


            • #21
              on my AC 30 (CCH) i typically uses a mixture of the normal and top boost channels. there is a toggle switch that accomplishes that. I usually run the normal channel at about 3 or 4 and the TB a little higher, with the bass at 2/3rds and the treble at 1/3rd with the master at 4, tone at 30%. I typically use a 335 or 6120 with this amp. I have an open back 2x12 BN cab with the original speakers. with my AC 4 head and cab I set it to 4 watts and the volume up between 3/4 & full, tone about 40%. I typically use a strat with this amp. its amazingly loud for what it is.

              it hard trying to describe knob position on a vox amp

              Comment













              Working...
              X