No announcement yet.

I remember when HCAF was crazy busy

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComingApart View Post
    that software change ran everybody off, including myself. i'll check back in occasionally, but it's pretty much dead in here, and the vibe is completely different now.the increase in social media has had a big effect on the forum culture in general
    This is almost exactly what I was going to write. I've been around about 9 years but this place is like a ghost town. And even the questions are often the most banal questions ever. People who don't want to use Google or even seem like they have a basis of knowledge of what they are even asking about."What are the differences between DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan?" Ugh.Who wants the first crack at beginning to answer that one...lol
    It's a real shame but I hadn't really thought about the effect of social media on this place as well. The PP used to be a hopping place, back in the day....says this old timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
      Of course another factor is the amp market ain't what it used to be, so I don't know if the amps forum will ever be as packed as it once was. However, it is very gratifying that after a period of freefall, we've had six straight months of significant traffic increase and are on track for a seventh. The Guitar (+18%), Keyboard (+13.5), and Recording (%16%) forums have benefited the most from the extra traffic, but the Bass and Signature forums have increased quite a bit as well.

As to amps I kind of expected that with all the Helix/Kemper/AxeFX - type products out there FRFR systems would take off a lot more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
      There are more Tube amps than ever.
      I think it was stupid decisions from the admin that scared of the old user, and now look there goes a tumbleweed..
      http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

I'm a looooooooongtime member here, and before server f*#kery wiped out my first years of contributions, I had 15-20k posts.

Do I remember DJ Chrispy, you ask? He was literally in diapers the day I joined here. (He was 9, but just go with it. Late bloomer.)

I've seen things you...people...wouldn't believe. I've seen sheet rock glittering in the cardboard box that should have held a Triple Rectifier. I saw the day the word "flogger" first appeared on this forum, and witnessed the ensuing culture war. I was recommending Peavey Classic 30s for any and all musical applications before it was cool. All these memories will be lost in the next server crash...like tears in rain. Time to say goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
          Of course another factor is the amp market ain't what it used to be, so I don't know if the amps forum will ever be as packed as it once was. However, it is very gratifying that after a period of freefall, we've had six straight months of significant traffic increase and are on track for a seventh. The Guitar (+18%), Keyboard (+13.5), and Recording (%16%) forums have benefited the most from the extra traffic, but the Bass and Signature forums have increased quite a bit as well.

As to amps I kind of expected that with all the Helix/Kemper/AxeFX - type products out there FRFR systems would take off a lot more, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
          Interesting reasoning. I'd venture to blame your ineptitude and trying to fix what wasn't broken had more to do with it than people using modelers.
          My References

PMing me about who is in my avatar is creepy, so don't. Don't ask tommythelurker either because he'll PM the mods.

Comment

Last time I was here, the Valve Junior was still the flavor of the month.

Comment

I stayed away from this forum and just bawt maps. Din play laud so hu kere wut animals need for.
              Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Working...
              X