Looking for Tech and Manufacturer Onfo on Mini Stacks / Heads + Dual Cabs

entombered

• Members

I've decided to get a new amp this year; it's been 15 years since I've even looked at amps, so I'm not even sure what's out there. What I'm wanting is a small amp head (less than 40cm long), and two 1x12 cabs. This kind of setup is perfect for where and how I play. So my questions are: What brands would you recommend I should look at, should I look for a "matched" three piece set or consider buying whatever head gives me the options I like or need and then get two cabs elsewhere?

Last but not least... What impedance requirements do I need to meet? (I know very little about this stuff.)

• Members

Orange Amps come to mind. They make a variety of smallish heads that can mate to their PPC112 cab. Here are their heads, sorted by price: https://www.sweetwater.com/c623--Orange--Guitar_Amp_Heads/low2high. Any of their ''lunchbox'' heads (with the metal handle on top) should do nicely. They range from about $150, 20 Watts solid state up to 30 Watts all tube for around $900. You aren't going to get built-in effects with any of them so budget for pedals. Here's a link to the cab: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Orange112. As WRGKMC mentioned, it would help to know more about your needs but that's my advice based on what we know.

• Members
You mentioned size' date=' but you missed all the important things. Wattage, price range and the type of music you play, or even some options you'd like to have. [/quote']

That sure wouldn't hurt in his post

While we are kicking tires

about 1400 dollars

[video=youtube;w0mD-tQ3AnI]

about 1000 dollars

[video=youtube;CVXS33bEVzI]

about 500 bucks

[video=youtube;MWqOpnNtgoc]

about 400 bucks

[video=youtube;SkkGSukvz4c]

Jeff Tweedy plays out of these amps.

About 2 grand.

[video=youtube;MlUQNGcZ7nc]

$1849.

[video=youtube;0vx4ZCv1lHE]

1200 buck, but you'll want the Z Wreck cab and the revrb unit after playing through it.

[video=youtube;MxqXyWbwUHk]

[video=youtube;la8lX-3B3E8]

• Members

These little JMP 20 waters are cool as all get out, but for $2K its a real wallet buster.

fetch?filedataid=123774

If you only need 15W - One of these for $400 aren't bad. The speakers are only 10" however.

fetch?filedataid=123775

All clean tube...

32617d1466580000-small-tube-head-3dd0ff0b-e9a5-4e3e-ad09-2cc6dd595aaf-jpg

Archived