Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier with JCM900 2x12 100w combo

NYIpage71

• Members
I own a JCM900 2x12 100w combo amp. I am looking at Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier heads.

I am wondering if I can hook up the Triple Rectifier head with the speakers of my combo amp.

Thanks.

Well yes you can. Just disconnect the speaker line on the Marshall and stick it in the speaker out.

The bigger question is how loud and when will you turn up the Mesa to blow out the speakers in the Marshall.

Those Triple Rectifiers are 150 watts. That's an awful lot of amplifier for anything but a stadium.

• Members
Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought that same thing. Are there any Triple Rectifiers out there that are 100 watts?

I don't think so. The Dual Rectifiers are mostly 100 watts and the Triples 150.

That's a lot of amp.

I had 2 of the early rectifier combos, and sold them The Trem o verb was a 2x12 and was just shy of 100lbs. The 2x12 Maverick I had was 30 watts. 70 lbs on that one.

The T Verb was the most amazing lush sounding amp I have ever owned. I replaced it with a Dr Z Maz 18 1x12 combo. I just got tired of weight lifting amps. I still own about a dozen smaller amps, but kept my Marshall JCM 800 model 4104 2x12 50 watt combo and a Twin Reverb

I also had a Single Rectifier 1x12 Combo and a Rectifier 1x12 ex cab.

If I was to do it now, look at the smaller 25 watt rectifier heads. and maybe a couple of 1x12 rectifier speakers. That is unless you really need all this power.

I like Mesa stuff a lot and it pretty efficient too. I'm also big on mic-ing amps and letting the PA do the dirty work. Lifting and hauling gear gets old quickly, plus PA power is cheap. You will find the amp sweet spot when yo turn them up.

I just saw 3 Nashville touring bands last Friday, and I didn't see one amp over 25 watts. Some amps were Fender stuff, and there was a Tone King Falcon and a few other amps on stage.

I know this is not the tones you are looking for, but hit a Mesa dealer an try some stuff out. You might even want to ditch that Marshall after hearing what's out there.

If you hell bound set on the Triple Rectifier, you'll find out if you need all that power if you test drive one along side other stuff. You can hit the internet for used prices after you find out what is best for your needs.

Best wishes.

Maybe one of these heads

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiniRectHD

and 2 of these cabs

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiniRectCabA

• Members

Thanks guys for your replys.

The Triple Rectifier has a 50 Watt mode: http://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/ele...ier/index.html. That might work for you. Have you thought about a Dual Rectifier? They're ''only'' 100 Watts.

A 50 watt mode sounds like it could work. In 50 watt mode, do you get all three channels?

And I'm assuming, a 50 watt mode wouldn't blow the speakers on my combo.

Archived