Noobie question about Fender Blues Junior Volume and Master Volume

Danoman

• Members

Hey there Everyone, I'd like to start off by saying i have very limited experience with guitar amps in general. Since I've started playing guitar I've used a Pro Junior with just the one volume knob, I just bought myself a Blues Junior which has a volume and master volume. For the longest time I've just played Fender Tele > Rat pedal > EHX Nano Muff Overdrive ( as a solo boost) > Fender Pro Junior and I've been happy with these results. I'm happy with the sound of my Rat for distortion and basically not interested in drive from the amp.... i just want to use my rat on a clean fender amp. What is the best way for me to set up my amp to do this? I'm not sure I understand volume and master volume... I kinda like the simplicity of my Pro Junior. I appreciate any help You guys could give, Thanks!

• Members

Thanks ski219! So if I wanted it to be 100% clean and wanted to just rely on my Rat for the distortion, i could just crank the master volume and use the volume knob to dial in the amount of volume i wanted. I'm just asking because my amp is at my band space and i wanted some information so i could try it out next practice.

Archived