Peavey's 6505 Piranha micro head...

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

Looks cool. I agree that the absence of a channel footswitch is too bad. I had a chance to pick up a used Kustom Defender 15H a while back and I still regret not going for it. Would've been a chance to get a real tube amp and 15 Watts would be fine for my needs.

Footswitching on an amp that goes for under two hundred bucks may be expecting too much, but I know that some people will be disappointed that it isn't included, so I had to mention it. Still, for that price you could buy two of them and switch between them with an ABY switch if it was that critical for you... or just move up to a slightly bigger Peavey mini-head, as I think I mentioned in the review.

• 6 months later...

Wow - very cool! While that is no doubt going to void your warranty, unless I'm missing something, it looks like it would be fairly easy to do. Did you just tie into the front panel switch? If so, you probably had to isolate the footswitch jack so it's floating and not grounded to the chassis, right?

Very clever! :philthumb:

• Members

Yes, very easy I tied it to the front panel switch. Select the first two contacs to the left (see picture)

The front panel switch remains active and works.

And Phil you are right, ISOLATE the footswitch jack , not contact with grounded to the chassis !!!

When you want to use the footswitch , pluig it and set the front panel switch to LEAD position,

Later the footswitch (on/off interruptor) change to crunch or lead sound.

SAFETY:

YOU ARE RIGHT , THE WARRANTY VOIDS, and you risk damaging the equipment !!!

LIMITATIONS:

The new CLEAN sound that you obtain in this way with the footswicht , loses a litlle bit of bass.

The good news, is that origuinal CLEAN sound remains in the front panel switch.

There is a big gap amount of volumen, between CLEAN/LEAD channel.

thanks for your 2016 review , today it is at home and I enjoy it. :)

Archived