Found another weird amp need input

Tomm Williams

• Members

Here's the latest one.... A Lesmann Accordian-Organ amp. From what little (very little) I can find, some folks seem to think they are quite similar to an Ampeg build. I've seen a couple in the $600+ range, this one is about half that and appears to be in pretty nice shape. Comments?

• Members

The circuits are closer to Fender Tweeds from what I can see.

gflv3jxaulc5trdhoraq.jpg

Reverb.com has one here with a description. They were originally sold with matching accordions and have allot of midrange drive. They say, when the mic input is used they give you some really good Fenderish tones. https://reverb.com/item/994148-vinta...p-tweed-killer Really cant give you any first hand experience with them.

I've used many of the old Ampegs back in the day that had the three inputs for Mic Guitar and Accordion like the Rockets and Gemini. They were always a bit under powered for the bands I played in however. They were good for playing chords but for leads they couldn't quite project single notes loud enough.

• Members
The circuits are closer to Fender Tweeds from what I can see.

gflv3jxaulc5trdhoraq.jpg

Reverb.com has one here with a description. They were originally sold with matching accordions and have allot of midrange drive. They say, when the mic input is used they give you some really good Fenderish tones. https://reverb.com/item/994148-vinta...p-tweed-killer Really cant give you any first hand experience with them.

I've used many of the old Ampegs back in the day that had the three inputs for Mic Guitar and Accordion like the Rockets and Gemini. They were always a bit under powered for the bands I played in however. They were good for playing chords but for leads they couldn't quite project single notes loud enough.

The internals of the one I'm looking at look pretty close to that but there is a 5th pre tube. This model has a 15" instead of a 12" and is about half the price but cosmetically nicer ( or appears to be from pics ). It's no secret I'm a sucker for odd amps so I'll be posting photos after I receive it and play around with it.

Archived