Ibanez SW25 Sound Wave Bass Amp

Pendal58

• Members

$50 - $60 US.

A good rule of thumb for pricing used music gear: 50% - 70% of the "new" price; that's the actual retail price, not the inflated "MSRP". Yes, this is for gear in "like new" or "near perfect" condition. There are exceptions to this rule, of course, but for most stuff this is a good guide.

• Members

Buying used gear I used the wattage as a guideline. I usually pay $1 a watt for little known heads Combos with intact speakers are usually $2 per watt. Something name brand maybe $3 a watt. I don't go beyond that because I'm probably not saving money over buying them new and the used gear just isn't worth it.

If you're buying something vintage then you're in a different ball game of buying something historic. The value can go up over what they originally sold for and they get more expensive due to the collectability of those rare pieces. Not everything old is worth more however. Allot of gear was junk back when it was new and is even worse junk given the fact that the standards have gotten much better over the years.

Personally I try and stay away from unknown manufacturers unless I can try them out first hand and check the quality of the build. There's allot of gear out there that looks spiffy on the outside but you open it up to find its made form $3 in parts held together with spit and duct tape.

Archived