Has anyone tried the Eminence Legend EM12 speaker?

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

The build is similar but the specs are different. The price is good but the eminence has a frequency response of 60~4.9k Max. SPL is 101dB

fetch?filedataid=119571

EV still makes a Electro Voice EVM12L which is supposed to be a Classic version of the speaker. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EVM12L?adpos=1o1&creative=55281441601&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CO6l-oWmy84CFQesaQodzjEEZw its got a frequency response of 80Hz-7kHz Magnet is over 2 lbs heavier, The rear has a larger vent which cools the coil and prevents suction, Heavy duty Frame vs the eminence stamped steel. 100db at 1W and 125 dB SPL Max

fetch?filedataid=119572

I just don't see these speakers having the same sound. The EV has a peak close to 4K and dip at 1.5K. The EV has a peak at 3K and drops off to nothing at 5. The Eminence is going to sound deeper in frequency. It might sound good but a replacement, no.

• Members

The EVM12L is a monster - in more ways than one.

I played through a Fender Montreaux 100 Watt Solid State amp for a while because it was light and portable. I put an EVM12L in it, which defeated the purpose of having the amp, but it sure sounded good.

Archived