the day my amp broke.

mbengs1

• Members

One day my trusty voltage regulator broke and i couldn't use it anymore. i used it to convert 220v (the standard voltage here in the philippines) to 120v. so i needed a new way to get 120 volts. i asked my mom if there was a transformer i could use and she gave me one. it plugs into 220v and puts out 120v. i tried it with my amp and my amp broke. i took the amp to my tech and they said the amp burned out because it was plugged into the wrong voltage. they fixed and they converted it to 220v, so won't have to worry about plugging it into the wrong voltage again. so now the amp is 220v and has been working nice. now i worry of it blowing up again even if its been converted to 220volts. is this something i should be afraid of happening or is it nothing to worry about?

• Members

You already had a thread on this topic.

There are no guarantees in life and nothing man made lasts. That's not to say the amp wont last you a lifetime as my Fender amp has. I bought it in 1967 when I was 10 years old. I blew the tubes and screen resistors three times through ignorant abuse. Once I understood what I was doing wrong and corrected it its run flawlessly to this day and with the proper care and maintenance will last my son lifetime and beyond.

Personally I'd be focused on playing more instead of the gear. You can always replace the gear. You cant replace your prime performing years.

As they say, who by all your worrying can add one moment to your life. All worrying does is make the passage of time miserable. Enjoy the time you have cause its going to pass and there's no way stop it. You can travel with it through life and look forward to the future or bail out and be miserable. Its your choice to make and no one can help you make it.

Learning music and developing talent cannot be lost or destroyed like man made objects. Use the objects as tools to find and support your talent. Never let man made objects be the source of your talent or pride. This way your talent can never be taken from you when those tools are lost.

Think instead how a concert pianist performs. He doesn't lug a grand piano around with him. When he travels from concert hall to concert hall, he uses the pianos at those halls which he does not own and has no affection for them which cloud his skills. No matter how much he plays them he remains master of those tools. No more no less. He gains his inspiration in ways that don't involve man made objects and his music cannot die unless he allows it to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived