what are good single channel amps?

mbengs1

• Members

Technically speaking, the traditional Twin Reverb is a two channel amp but it does not have built in channel switching. I built an A/B box to use with mine.

One of my personal favourites is the Fender Princeton Reverb. I also play through a Mesa/Boogie Subway Blues that has a very nice dynamic, creamy overdrive when turned all the way up. It's a 20 Watt amp that I run on half power and mic it through the PA and monitors.

p1_uxhfvhngc_ss.jpg?maxheight=500&maxwidth=500

mesa.jpg

• Members

There are plenty single channel amps that are killer

No longer made

DSCN2430.jpg

Right out of the box they are pretty damn fine. I like better than the Princeton and own both

0217400000_amp_frt_001_nr.jpg

I like my Maz 18 and there's different variations of this amp. They kinda got pricey. The Maz 38 might even be better if you need more power.

33314623516151942.jpg

You can't go wrong here, open up you check book and pony up.

15932_Carr_Rambler_1x12_01594_800.jpg

yeah baby

Could be on my list down the road

SwartAtomicSpaceTone12_1.jpg

None of these are super high gain amps, add your fav OD pedal up front and crud up the gain to tastes.

Personally I'm a combo guy myself, but heads and cabs have an advantage.

If you gig a lot buy a ATA road case and you ramp will look great for every. It does make the transport a bit heavy depending on the amp. ATA case have wheels some once you on terra firma, you wheel it to the stage. Place the amp on the case. It looks pro too.

I had a buddy that had his Mesa Mark IV road cased, the amp weighed 80 lbs without the case..

• Members
^ You do realize the Deluxe Reverb is a two channel amp' date=' right? That said, the Orange Dark Terror comes to mind if you want a low-Wattage head.[/quote']

Oh yeah it is

Opps

For some reason I never us the first channel, which is in a way a shame. Probably cause when I plug into the Deluxe Reverb, I want the reverb and Trem.

Archived