Celebrating with a new amp!!

Tomm Williams

• Members

Today I made the final payment to the ex after nearly two years!!! Celebrated by buying a '65 Supro Thunderbolt in what appears to be pretty good shape and one heck of a price !!

Not like I needed an excuse to buy another amp but this seemed like a good one . Now I'll be interested to see if there are any sonic similarities with my current production 1624.

• Members

Cool man. Having a vintage amp is like owning a piece of history. I always feel they have better mojo then something new, as if they are like batteries that store up vibes from all the great gigs they were used at.

Ridiculous I know, but it was the same for me with guitars. I always felt I could play better on a good used guitar then I could on some virgin instrument that hasn't had its bugs worked out yet.

Does it have the original 15" Jensen Special Design speaker in there?

• Members

I don't have it yet. I found it for sale on CL in Portland OR. I live near Reno but have a friend who lives in Portland who grabbed it for me. I'll have it in my hands in about a week. She had the seller demo the amp so I know I'm getting a working unit.

Archived