Dual Recto Roadster vs. Mark V? (abridged)

Acooljt

• Members

I know this topic has been beaten to death and I've read all the articles, forum threads, and youtube videos. My only concern with either amp is can either achieve a really heavy tone akin to Michael Romeo of Symphony X? I'm fairly confident each can achieve what I'm looking for but this is the one issue where I've never really seen a video where it matchs up. I don't know if no one ever tried or if it's just not possible. I know he uses ENGL but their amps don't have enough features for me. I like the versatility of the Mark and also the classic heavy bottom end rhythm of the Recto. Of course, I plan to play each amp again before making a purchase, but I thought I'd ask you guys if this is even possible (perhaps a current owner of these could chime in?).

If it's not, it really complicates my situation because I'm having a tough time finding an amp with the versatility, features, and sound I want. I have one of the original Carvin X-100B heads and it is amazing but not all that heavy. I'm looking for an all-in-one amp I can use for live situations. Of course at home or in the studio you can mix and match all you want. But that's another issue altogether, hopefully I can work with one of these two. Thank you in advance!

• Members

Bump. Come on guys, please help. I know there's a zillion of these topics which I'm sure annoys everyone but I'm only asking one very specific question: can I get Michael Romeo with either or both of these amps? I will be eternally grateful.

Archived