Recommend me an amp

breed50

• Members

Im looking for a new amp. I am selling my Mesa Roadster. Although I think the Roadsters cleans are awesome, the distortion channels are not me. I like more of a overdriven Marshall JMP sound. Crunchy and woody. Something that could get into high gain but does medium gain well. I would get a JMP but would rather have a 2 channel amp with FX loop. A built in lead boost would also be nice but not a deal breaker. I need it to be a good gigging amp. Im leaning towards a Bogner Shiva but wondering what else is out there. Budget is around $1500 used. Any recommendations?

• Members

Marshall tube heads are pretty expensive in the 50~100W ranges. I been trying to find a vintage 50w head for a decent price for a long time but most are over a grand.

I been using the Marshall VS100 head and 1960 cab for about 10 years now. They use Mosfet power transistors are as close to tubes as you can get and they really do nail the Marshall tube sound. The one I have has three channels, clean drive and lead. Effects loop with a level knob and emulated speaker output for direct recording. The effects loop has a mix knob and two levels which is really handy for blending your effects in. It definitely worth giving them a try.

Nothing beats the Marshall sound over an actual Marshall if that's what you're looking for. They make a 2X12 combo version too which is pretty sweet.

• 1 month later...

Archived