I used my Fender Frontman 10 watt amp again

mbengs1

• Members

for jamming at low volumes with backing tracks and it sounds ok! for a solid state amp, its very warm. It's great for jamming late at night and you can't make much noise. I use boss distortion pedals and it sounds almost as good as my tube amp.

• Members

Lotsa good, small amps out there. This thread has potential to be an "in your face" statement to all those guyz who think money buys toanez. IT DOESN'T. It's the guyz who make music with what they got that shape the sound of rock & roll.

• Members

I like using a bunch of small amps together. You can get some cool cranked tones and actually loud enough for gigging with a band when you add a few together. I used to take my little 10w Ampeg, My 15W Marshall and 10W Fender champ together. That's loud enough to match a 35w amp except those little boxes are starting to scream at lower volumes. Great for getting good sustain feedback at low volumes too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm teaching some group lessons and needed a small amp to do that with. Tried a bunch and bought a Blackstar ID:core. Sounds amazingly good for an amp that size. Less than $100 and weighs less than my pedal board. Also loud enough to use at jams.

• Members

Closests thing to running one amp into another is: Back in the seventy's I used to run a classic Pig Nose mini amp into a Fender Super Twin. It sounded pretty sweet. More potential volume than you could ever use. But the Pig Nose dirtied up in a nice warm harmonically rich way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived