I converted my Combo amp into a mini stereo head

BowerR65

• Members

I call it the 80's Dark Terror lol, My friend thinks i should call it the GK 250BS for BullSh**

The speakers were shot years ago and we both had one we tried to rebuild the speakers replacing the rotted foam surround but we had no clue what we were doing. The result came out sound like trash. You could hear the voice coil dragging on the magnet we called it the blown cone tone lol. It didnt matter though the case that holds the speakers is so bent up from over the years it has leaks all over it, half the screws were stripped because its all out of square and bent up.

So anyway i ripped it apart and built a little wooden box for it, i used the front speaker grill as a makeshift front frame thing like tube amps have. I bent it in a sheetmetal brake. Behind the GK logo is the power transformer. I bent the grill so that it just folds over the transformer. All the screw holes matched up for the grill, i only had to drill a few holes in the lid to bolt the transformer to.

I think it came out kinda cool, its still a great portable amp, the best part is the 50X50 stereo, stereo line in from a pod or an amp modeler doesnt sound half bad considering its size.

e1b336fc5b7c5a45d222fb22a18d4076.JPG.268ba93d46f06414716f5b377b3d15b6.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived