Peavey Transtube Special 212 - appropriate price?

hoglf

• Members

Hey folks,

The internet seems to be light on info on my amp here, which I'm planning on selling. I can't seem to determine what sorta price I should ask. I've attached a photo of the amp to this post.

Anyone familiar with this amp enough to take a stab at a potential asking price?

Thanks a million,

Chris

0bd7e3c3c44ac62c1aa901f9eb61f444.thumb.jpg.280b7b17008a2806061018a802758dd1.jpg

• Members

I have two friends who have them. Both bought them used for under $200. List price 10 years ago was $499 so they probably sold new for around $350.

There's such a saturation of Peavey amps out there, I'm afraid the resale doesn't match what they might be worth.

I can buy Peavey amps all day at $1 a watt. A combo goes for a little more because you do have speakers in the cab.

$1 a watt for the head and add $50 per speaker and you come up with a realistic selling price on what things are selling at auctions.

This guy is selling one on EBay for $275 and has already done one price reduction. Not sure how long he's been trying but with a second listing its likely been out there for 2~3 weeks already with no buyers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-Special-212-Transtube-Amp-Very-Nice-Working-Condition-PICK-UP-ONLY-/111430378648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f1c4a498

Archived