It's official. The Harmony Central Forums are about as dead as you can get.

Acid Test

• Members

I used to be a frequent poster (not poser) here but left with a wave when HC implemented new censorship, moderation and upgrades that turned out to be down grades. Remember how good the review section used to be? While there was a lot of junk posted in this forum, you could still get answers to questions. You just needed to filter. Now there is nothing to filter and virtually nothing left. It is really a shame when I look back and remember all of the great energy and especially the great characters this forum used to have. These players were all run off.

Some of the other forums are marginally more active, but not like it used to be. I don't know what MF paid for this website but my guess is it is only worth a percentage of what it used to be.

Here is a perfect example of how low this site has dropped - go to the first page of www.harmonycentral.com and what do you see? A review of a guitar case. Really? With all of the new gear that gets introduced every week, they pick a MF only guitar case to review. And to make matters worse, you are allowed to ad your comment but it doesn't get posted until it is reviewed and approved.

How much lower can you go?

• Members

I don't want it dead but I don;t necessarily want it they way it used to be. If you want a social network...why not do facebook? If you want to form groups and cool clubs and big brother alliances...join big brother.

A cool in-between would be great. Not dead but not troll facebook tweet blog either.

Edited by Steve2112
  • Thanks 1

• Members
I used to be a frequent poster (not poser) here but left with a wave when HC implemented new censorship, moderation and upgrades that turned out to be down grades. Remember how good the review section used to be? While there was a lot of junk posted in this forum, you could still get answers to questions. You just needed to filter. Now there is nothing to filter and virtually nothing left. It is really a shame when I look back and remember all of the great energy and especially the great characters this forum used to have. These players were all run off.

Some of the other forums are marginally more active, but not like it used to be. I don't know what MF paid for this website but my guess is it is only worth a percentage of what it used to be.

Here is a perfect example of how low this site has dropped - go to the first page of www.harmonycentral.com and what do you see? A review of a guitar case. Really? With all of the new gear that gets introduced every week, they pick a MF only guitar case to review. And to make matters worse, you are allowed to ad your comment but it doesn't get posted until it is reviewed and approved.

Might I also add that "back in the day" you;d be lucky to find any on topic threads at all on the first page?

I also might add that I post instantly- not sure why yours are being reviewed- usually that;s a brand new member and not unusual...or a known troll...again not unusual.

One thing I am sure you know...if the content doesn;t suit you...one good way to fix it is create your own content. I am not sure I have seen many posts by you lately.

Another good way to fix it is find another website that suits you better,,and not make a big deal about it.

And finally...things change. H-C had a real good run.....but there was a LOT of people using it as personal social media, rather than content forum. Few corp/vendor forums allow that....people should have been very grateful about it. But things change and we gain and lose people places and friends, Good friends find a way and it's always cool to meet new ones too.

What guitars you have?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I used to be a frequent poster (not poser)

SNIPPED FOR SPACE

I searched your posts and I couldn't find too much....could be crappy HC search engines.

Be that as it may...what do you contribute? Sort of like riots in Ferguson, they want to protest the state of affairs but have extremely low voting participation. It's not about being economically challenged....it's Too stupid/lazy to understand the process.

But that is another forum website...right?

Point being what do the few people that do visit here do? Do they just check the top of the page? Or do they provoke and inspire? If all you do is check the top of the page then make one thread about how dead everything is...well..what good is that?

• Members

Be that as it may...what do you contribute? Sort of like riots in Ferguson, they want to protest the state of affairs but have extremely low voting participation. It's not about being economically challenged....it's Too stupid/lazy to understand the process.

I think your post greatly explains the great HC forum migration phenomenon.

• Members

Not sure what you mean. For me...YOUR posts greatly explain a lot. Just kind of complain, without any real contribution. I could be wrong but I haven't seen very many posts from you on the amp forum since you first posted this.

You're are being a little vague...but are you offended about my Ferguson reference? Check the voting records there. Even the city board member said they do not have the turn out to vote in representative officials. They complain without actually doing the necessary civilian duties. It's a good town....just a bit misguided in some sectors on the processes that would help them have a real voice.

If you HAVE contributed to this forum, can you post them for me I can't seem to find them. I'm interested in your amp discussions.

• Members

Seems more people are trolling TGP so mission accomplished on HC's part. LOL

IDK, I haven't bought a new amp or cab in a long time. Pretty happy with my tone. Maybe others are the same.

Mfg's release new gear but how many California channels and British channels can amp co's copy and say "unique"

• Members
Seems more people are trolling TGP so mission accomplished on HC's part. LOL

Nope, not even close to correct. Go have a look at the TGP amp section and see for yourself. Every single topic on the first page is on-topic or amp related. Second page is the same. Maybe there is an occasional off-topic post but the mods are pretty good about moving it to the correct forum. Page 3 and 4 - all on topic.

The only two that are not spot on are about buying and selling amps and guitars (looking for advice) and a question about a UPS topic where they destroyed a guys amp.

BTW, TGP is where all the real amp posters from HC went and the jokesters went somewhere else.

• 6 years later...
  • Members

I went to the Amps forum and was very disappointed to find that it had turned into a "for sale" page.  I was expecting a forum of questions and opinions of guitar amplifiers.

I was saddened to see that this forum not the least bit informative like the User Reviews in the "old HC".  I bought two amps based on those reviews - both "boutique" and both very satisfying.

I wonder why this website exists.  I hope a new administration will change it for the better.

• 3 weeks later...