What is your favorite Metal Amp ? I'm stuck on the Madison Divinity Head and cabs.

Blister WKR

• Members

I've used the Marshall 800...900...and the rack mount 100/100 I accompanied all 3 amps with the Marshall JMP 1 tube pre amp and the jfx signal processor and the Mesa dual and triple rectifiers with the Triaxis pre amp...I spent a lot of money trying to perfect my craft by achieving the best sound out of my rig. They all fell short for me. I went to Madison Amplification and bought the Madison Divinity head and the oversize Madison Birch 4 x 12 cabs....This head has so much Metal sound and clarity regardless of if i'm on stage or in a room. I do not need anything but this head to achieve what Iv'e been looking for. Fat bottoms ...Sick definitive sounds...I added another Divinity head and some Boss affects to tweek the Madison sound and it has been crazy good. The first head i bought from an ex 90s metal guitarist who took great care of it, my Divinity is 16 years old and has never had a problem...and it looks and sounds like it just came off the bench new...very dependable amp for me and I have back up heads in a road case just in case. I've seen a few topics in forums go negative about Madison and I've seen Madison get beat up a lot and based on my experiences with their heads and their customer service they are number #1 for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've got a Bogner Uberschall and a Peavey 6505 at the moment. Depending on the day my fav is either my Uberschall or the ENGL Blackmore.

The Madison Divinity did have some issues back in the day. Looking at their new website looks like they've improved the build quality a great deal then some of the old school gut shots I'd seen.

Archived