Thoughts on the Jet City 5212RC Combo?

tomahawk733

• Members

I have a chance to grab one of these for $449 at my local guitar shop. I'm really into the hot-rodded Marshall/Soldano sound, and I was wondering if it was too far off from that. If it is, are there mods to get it there? Is there a better alternative? I play a stock Gibson Flying V. Thanks in advance.

• Members

sorry toma....haven't see that combo around-

but I did want to tell you I just bought a JSX 2x12. I like it quite a bit. Sam Ash blew it out at 450...used but in nice shape.

I realize it is a signature amp, so built for/by Joe...but I do wish it had a better "low gain" sound. That would make the map just about perfect. The amp is solid as a boulder, lol.

• Members

Steve2112 wrote:

but I did want to tell you I just bought a JSX 2x12. I like it quite a bit. Sam Ash blew it out at 450...used but in nice shape.

I realize it is a signature amp, so built for/by Joe...but I do wish it had a better "low gain" sound. That would make the map just about perfect. The amp is solid as a boulder, lol.

It is a nice soloing amp! :) unfortunately though, it's not the best when it comes to rhythm work because of this "cocked wah" sound that the crunch and lead channels made. I eventually sold it because of that. Yeah, the amp also does lack a good low-gain sound as well. It is very nice for the price though!

• Members

Steve2112 wrote:

It is a nice soloing amp! :) unfortunately though, it's not the best when it comes to rhythm work because of this "cocked wah" sound that the crunch and lead channels made. I eventually sold it because of that. Yeah, the amp also does lack a good low-gain sound as well. It is very nice for the price though!

Archived