i bought a randall century 200

RaceU4her

• Members

shask, i heard that pantera clip you did... sounds good! what kind of pedal and eq are you using??? the pic for you settings is distorted for some reason on my comp. i have a pq3 so the bass shouldnt be an issue. this head i assume has a preamp out right?? cant wait till this thing comes in.

• Members

Originally posted by raceu4her

shask, i heard that pantera clip you did... sounds good! what kind of pedal and eq are you using??? the pic for you settings is distorted for some reason on my comp. i have a pq3 so the bass shouldnt be an issue. this head i assume has a preamp out right?? cant wait till this thing comes in.

Thats what I used for those clips, but that was when I first got it, and dial it in better now :) But I used a Boss SD-1 in front, and a Dano EQ in the loop...

It has an FX loop, yeah...

• Members

Originally posted by raceu4her

i read somewhere that without a foot pedal you cant switch to distortion?? is this true?? if so, what kind of foot pedal will work??? id hate to get the thing and not be able to use the distortion

The Century 200II just has a knob you pull out to switch channels. The treble knob.

It also takes a standard footswitch, AFAIK. But it is a 1/4" jack.

Its the RG100ES that has weird switching, and takes a weird footswitch...

• Members

you can still use either channel by turning down the volume of the other channel. i've gotten so used to turning down my volume to get to clean; that i prefer it that way. i have a footswitch for the rg es's, that i bought off ebaythat i'm selling.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I have an RG100ES but I am growing tired of the harsh high end sound it has. I will never sell it though. I boost the front end with a PQ3 and I used to use an MXR 6 band also, but I find I don't need it anymore. The PQ3 is used as just a slight push for the preamp, but I use it mostly for eq'ing.

Also, I keep hearing that the Century 200, not the 200II is the one to get. Dime used the 200, not the 200II.

Old Randalls certainly kick ass, but I am ready for tubes.

• Members

Originally posted by SGavin

I have an RG100ES but I am growing tired of the harsh high end sound it has. I will never sell it though. I boost the front end with a PQ3 and I used to use an MXR 6 band also, but I find I don't need it anymore. The PQ3 is used as just a slight push for the preamp, but I use it mostly for eq'ing.

Also, I keep hearing that the Century 200, not the 200II is the one to get. Dime used the 200, not the 200II.

Old Randalls certainly kick ass, but I am ready for tubes.

this isnt helping my sale...lol:mad:

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I have yet had anyone challenge me and say that a Century C170 sounds anything near like a Dimebag Darrel tone. Long story short I bought a Century C170 back in 1991 thinking it's got to have a Pantera sound wrong... More like Bungle in the Jungle I was pissed. Finally gave it away to a kid at church and the first thing he did was plaster it with stickers I was pissed...

Archived