X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bought a randall century 200

who else has one of these?? what are you guys thoughts?? any clips??

I have a Century 200II.

Its the one Pantera used for Vulgar Display, and Far Beyond Driven. It pretty much sounds like it With less gian, and bass of course...
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    Mesa Triple Recto<br />
    Marshall 2203 Clone<br />
    Axe-FX/POD HD500<br />
    </font></div>

Comment

shask is THE guy to ask about old randalls. do a search under my name or his and youll see a bunch of threads about his century and my rg-100es (both are very simillar)
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:jirojan@yahoo.com">jirojan@yahoo.com</a></div>

Comment

shask, i heard that pantera clip you did... sounds good! what kind of pedal and eq are you using??? the pic for you settings is distorted for some reason on my comp. i have a pq3 so the bass shouldnt be an issue. this head i assume has a preamp out right?? cant wait till this thing comes in.

Comment

i read somewhere that without a foot pedal you cant switch to distortion?? is this true?? if so, what kind of foot pedal will work??? id hate to get the thing and not be able to use the distortion

Comment

Originally posted by raceu4her
            shask, i heard that pantera clip you did... sounds good! what kind of pedal and eq are you using??? the pic for you settings is distorted for some reason on my comp. i have a pq3 so the bass shouldnt be an issue. this head i assume has a preamp out right?? cant wait till this thing comes in.

Thats what I used for those clips, but that was when I first got it, and dial it in better now But I used a Boss SD-1 in front, and a Dano EQ in the loop...

It has an FX loop, yeah...
            Mesa Triple Recto<br />
            Axe-FX/POD HD500<br />
            </font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by raceu4her
              i read somewhere that without a foot pedal you cant switch to distortion?? is this true?? if so, what kind of foot pedal will work??? id hate to get the thing and not be able to use the distortion

The Century 200II just has a knob you pull out to switch channels. The treble knob.

It also takes a standard footswitch, AFAIK. But it is a 1/4" jack.

Its the RG100ES that has weird switching, and takes a weird footswitch...
              Mesa Triple Recto<br />
              Axe-FX/POD HD500<br />
              </font></div>

Comment

you can still use either channel by turning down the volume of the other channel. i've gotten so used to turning down my volume to get to clean; that i prefer it that way. i have a footswitch for the rg es's, that i bought off ebaythat i'm selling.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">more fun than a staple gun and a sack of hampsters<br />
                <br />
                carolina metal: myspace.com/diavolo803<br />
                <br />
                <br />
                GEAR: randall rg100 es's / maxon 808 / isp decimator / tu-2 tuner / ltd horizon 301 w/ emg 85's / sperzels / '88 charvel w/ duncan distortion in the bridge, ibanez 521 reverse w/ emg 85's/ tobacco sunburst les paul standard w/dimarzio evo<br />
                <br />
                for sale :</div>

Comment

I've got a Century 200 II (as well as an RG-100ES). The Centuries are pretty rare. Iv'e had a few people on the Dean forum threatning to hunt me down for mine. I boost mine with a metal zone. I have not had good results with the PQ-3.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Merry Christmas! ****************ter was full!</div>

Comment

i have the opportunity to purchase a randall century 200 half stack loaded with jaguar speakers.

Comment

grab it if its a good deal....
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">more fun than a staple gun and a sack of hampsters<br />
                      <br />
                      carolina metal: myspace.com/diavolo803<br />
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      GEAR: randall rg100 es's / maxon 808 / isp decimator / tu-2 tuner / ltd horizon 301 w/ emg 85's / sperzels / '88 charvel w/ duncan distortion in the bridge, ibanez 521 reverse w/ emg 85's/ tobacco sunburst les paul standard w/dimarzio evo<br />
                      <br />
                      for sale :</div>

Comment

Originally posted by society
                        i have the opportunity to purchase a randall century 200 half stack loaded with jaguar speakers.

I can vouch for that cab. It's great. How much are they asking?

Comment

600 for the halfstack, obo.

Comment

selling my rg100es w/fw is anyone interested SPAM!!! $350+shipping
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">www.eightballonline.com </div>

Comment

I have an RG100ES but I am growing tired of the harsh high end sound it has. I will never sell it though. I boost the front end with a PQ3 and I used to use an MXR 6 band also, but I find I don't need it anymore. The PQ3 is used as just a slight push for the preamp, but I use it mostly for eq'ing.

Also, I keep hearing that the Century 200, not the 200II is the one to get. Dime used the 200, not the 200II.

Old Randalls certainly kick ass, but I am ready for tubes.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">1993 Jackson Rhoads Professional (Lawrence XL500 bridge pickup/Tom Anderson H1+ neck pickup)<br />
                              2006 LTD MH-400<br />
                              1995 Fender Strat Special w/ Screamin' Demon<br />
                              1980 Gibson Sonex<br />
                              Madison Divinity <br />
                              1980's Randall RG100ES<br />
                              Marshall 1960A Vintage cab<br />
                              Marshall 1960B cab<br />
                              Randall 2x12/1x15 cab<br />
                              V-Amp II<br />
                              Furman PQ3<br />
                              MXR 6-band eq<br />
                              Rocktron Hush Super C</div>

Comment

Working...