Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do I get my money back from Carl Zwengel?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lenduffy

Dude...I swear you are the most polite SOB ever.

Ha, that was pretty much my problem in the first place!
    GrubbyGroovesGrubbyGrooves always free on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by dropthisd

I don't how much you're out but, find out what the limits are in your state for Small Claims court and file there.

If I'm not mistaken..it is $5000.00. Would be easy to check out.
      Bikerdude Ziggy-Livin' the life~

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli

I may be wrong but it just seems that people think, "oh I'm on the internet...anyone can run a business here...." and voila...another failure.

It's not just the Internet. The overwhelming majority of small business start ups fail - well over 50% and I think as high as 80%. Many others "doddle" along for years.
        JULES: The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd."

SOMERSET: I just don't think I can continue to live in a place that embraces and nurtures apathy as if it was virtue.
        MILLS: You're no different. You're no better.
        SOMERSET: I didn't say I was different or better. I'm not. Hell, I sympathize; I sympathize completely.

Comment

Originally posted by WARangel

It's not just the Internet. The overwhelming majority of small business start ups fail - well over 50% and I think as high as 80%. Many others "doddle" along for years.

You're right....the internet just speeds up the process
          I defy you to get a convincing death or black metal vocal down perfectly in one week if you think its so easy. It will never happen because you lack the years of practice needed to aquire such a skill. - DaevasAsmodeus

"Ed Roman should have a car alarm shoved up his ass." - Bikehorn

Comment

So, here's the follow-up, for anyone that's interested, or maybe anyone looking to do business with the man himself.

I paid $1600 for an amp (I've got *plenty* of proof of this). After siccing the FBI and the Illinois Atty. General on him, and starting this thread, I guess I gave him a little scare, cause he PM'ed me and said I had a *full* refund on the way.

The envelope I got had a PERSONAL check from Zwengel Amplifiers in it, made out for $1200. An attached letter says:

"Paul, enclosed is a check for $1200 as an initial refund payment. I'll send you the balance out on the 1st of February, Regards, Carl Zwengel"

This being the 16th of February, I'm inclined to think that the rest of that money ain't gonna show up. So, basically, I'm a really nice guy, donating $400 to the Carl Zwengel Charity Fund.

If you're thinking of buying *ANYTHING* from this man, I'd re-read this thread and give it some serious thought. Normally I abhor bashing someone's rep. But the whole idea of doing business and trades over Harmony Central is based on trust, basically. Some ****************er that can't hold up his end needs to be called out.

Buyer Beware.

I'm gonna keep bumping this every few weeks, so newbies see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubgoat
              So, here's the follow-up, for anyone that's interested, or maybe anyone looking to do business with the man himself.

I paid $1600 for an amp (I've got *plenty* of proof of this). After siccing the FBI and the Illinois Atty. General on him, and starting this thread, I guess I gave him a little scare, cause he PM'ed me and said I had a *full* refund on the way.

The envelope I got had a PERSONAL check from Zwengel Amplifiers in it, made out for $1200. An attached letter says:

"Paul, enclosed is a check for $1200 as an initial refund payment. I'll send you the balance out on the 1st of February, Regards, Carl Zwengel"

This being the 16th of February, I'm inclined to think that the rest of that money ain't gonna show up. So, basically, I'm a really nice guy, donating $400 to the Carl Zwengel Charity Fund.

If you're thinking of buying *ANYTHING* from this man, I'd re-read this thread and give it some serious thought. Normally I abhor bashing someone's rep. But the whole idea of doing business and trades over Harmony Central is based on trust, basically. Some ****************er that can't hold up his end needs to be called out.

Buyer Beware.

I'm gonna keep bumping this every few weeks, so newbies see it.

What a Dick!

You should have made clear you don't want a personal check - M.O or certified. I sold a crybaby and got a personal check. I assumed it was good and waited a week. Blah. It bounced.

I'm sure the guy probably has a credit card or bank account. I know if I owed people money, I'd use my credit to pay them back.
              2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard HxH Goldtop Southpaw
              1995 Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo Head
              Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive = Used with the Mesa for the secret Powderglass tone.
              Marshall JCM 900 1960B 4x12

Good Transactions with: Bikehorn, Mr. Brady

Comment

That's really ****************ty that after all of this, he still hasn't refunded you all of the money.
                If you are so sure that I am crazy, why do I get to wear the magic pants?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPeters
                  Now all we need is a follow-up on whether Fab paid back his customers that he never delivered amps to.

::sigh::

Love the internet, hate the internet.

These things are why the store never dies.

Love James Peters all the time, though!

(Yes, I know I sound like a cave man).
                  There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Comment

That's a very good point, cause now, I'm wary of buying ANYTHING from an indy amp maker. Could be, now, I've been burnt well enough to stick to GC, which is a sad ****************ing thing.

Comment

That's a very good point, cause now, I'm wary of buying ANYTHING from an indy amp maker. Could be, now, I've been burnt well enough to stick to GC, which is a sad ****************ing thing.

If it'll make you feel any better, I'll sell you this for $1200 (presuming the check you got clears). No risk, as I live in Dearborn, and can meet you at the Canton GC, amp in hand, if you want. I need some $$$ to get my bass rig up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by WARangel

Keep going up--->85% nope, higher---->90% nope, higher

Buyers-->Caveat Emptor

Comment

Good luck getting your money back, I've once been defrauded for 300$, and I never got my money back. I had made a claim to ebay, paypal, master card the IFCC and the FBI, it didn't work.

You will be suing a company that has a weak business model, that cannot meet the due date of your order. I'm not sure you will get your money back, maybe the amp...

Let us know how it goes !

E-

Comment

is your Banshee still broken or did you fix it?
                            ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©

Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK

Comment

The maggot paid you just enough so that it would no longer be larceny over $500 dollars.

I would continue to follow through with the police.

Comment

Would you buy an amp from this man???

Now lower the cannons the battle begins!

Comment

Working...
                                X