Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do I get my money back from Carl Zwengel?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grubgoat

Don't take that the wrong way, I didn't mean anything by it. Like your angry face, I'm just a little pissed right now, that's all.

Nah man...no offense taken, I'm just sorry you have to go through the same BS I did.
    Now lower the cannons the battle begins!

Comment

(my thought on getting an amp is, if I don't want to keep it, I can ebay it for most of my money back)

To each his own, it would be a matter of principle for me at this point.
      BobSavage.net - Music, Amp demos...
      Youtube Vids
      Savage Woodworks

Comment

Well, and I'm also trying to offer him an easier out. He claims to be broke. I doubt he's gonna want to give me $1600. But I'd bet he's got a couple amps sitting around. I may lose money, but at least I can save *a little* face and be done with this whole thing. But no, I'd never bother to go to him for warranty work, etc.

And yes, I'd rather have my money back.
        GrubbyGroovesGrubbyGrooves always free on YouTube

Comment

I'd take advantage of the free legal resources you have and go after him with the full force of the law. I'm sure he can find something to sell to come up with $1600! You'd be surprised what a little legal persuasion can do.

I'd never take one of his amps though. What if he deliberately alters it to fail after a short while...like putting in an undersized tranny or something! He could screw you over even worse than he's doing now. Plus, the clips I've heard of one of his amps sounded like **************** anyway!

Scumbags like that need to pay some legal consequences.

Comment

Wow.
            Proud to be a card carrying member of the Mystical Cabal of Secular Humanists.

Poo-poo? Oui, Oui!

Comment

Wow. That really sucks, I hope it works out for you.

Comment

So I filed a claim with the FBI internet tonight. I will mail my complaint to the Illinois Attorney General's office tomorrow. The Better Business Bureau I'm not so sure of, or the Princeton PD.

So other than getting a lawyer, am I just waiting now, or are there more people I can rustle up to get after this guy?
                GrubbyGroovesGrubbyGrooves always free on YouTube

Comment

So other than getting a lawyer, am I just waiting now, or are there more people I can rustle up to get after this guy?

The Better Business Bureau and the Princeton PD.
                  "...from his Puritan ancestors,
                  Slothrop inherited the ability to see
                  the order behind the visible world,
                  also called paranoia."

Official Member - Mazi Bee Kickass Militia (Stylistic Subversion Unit)

Comment

You need to have your lawyer send him a little letter. If you honestly think the FBI or cops will do anything about this, you're dreaming. You're other option is to drive to this guy's home town, find him, and have a little "meeting" with him.

-Joe
                    Main Rig:
                    LTD EC1000
                    Peavey 6505+
                    Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                    TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                    Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                    M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

not true, I know several guys who've gotten local authorities to go right to someone's doorstep......

Items For Sale:

None right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DiezelDude
                        not true, I know several guys who've gotten local authorities to go right to someone's doorstep......

Local authorities cannot do jack! What do you think they will say? "Uhhh...this guy called us and told us to make you give him his money back!" No. Carl can slam the door in thier face and they can't do a damn thing. A judge has to review all the information in the case, and then decide if Carl commited a crime. So it has to be brought to small claims court, and the way to do this is through a lawyer.

-Joe
                        Main Rig:
                        LTD EC1000
                        Peavey 6505+
                        Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                        TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                        Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                        M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Talk to PRSAholic on the Gear Page. He's a former cop, he knows what to do.

OK, Overdriven, then I guess the guy that handed the local police the money for an ADA MP1 that he never shipped was just a dream.

I'm not saying the local cops will solve every situation, but they often are persuasive enough to scare an otherwise 'reluctant shipper' into making it happen.

Items For Sale:

None right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DiezelDude
                            Talk to PRSAholic on the Gear Page. He's a former cop, he knows what to do.

OK, Overdriven, then I guess the guy that handed the local police the money for an ADA MP1 that he never shipped was just a dream.

I'm not saying the local cops will solve every situation, but they often are persuasive enough to scare an otherwise 'reluctant shipper' into making it happen.

I'm pretty sure that Mark Greco is facing time due to the intervention of local police (and perhaps federal as well).
                            Just because it ends in "s", it doesn't mean that you have to use a ****************ing apostrophe.

Comment

Another Net acquaintance managed to get a guy thrown in jail for 18 months, using local authorities and other methods.

Items For Sale:

None right now.

Comment

Originally posted by OverDriven

Local authorities cannot do jack! What do you think they will say? "Uhhh...this guy called us and told us to make you give him his money back!" No. Carl can slam the door in thier face and they can't do a damn thing. A judge has to review all the information in the case, and then decide if Carl commited a crime. So it has to be brought to small claims court, and the way to do this is through a lawyer.

-Joe

This information is absolutely incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                                X