Looking for an amp Based on Power tube Design?

pureoldsound

• Members

6L6GC based amps:

Engl(Special Edition, Fireball, Powerball)

Louis( Wide panel LE54 Tweedmaster)

Peavey(6505, XXX)

Reverend(Kingsnake)

Rivera(Quiana)

SDG Vintage(Vibroverb)

Soldano(Decatone)

Tone King(Galaxy)

Tubewonder

Two Rock

Uncle Spot(Uncle Spot Amps)

Vintone(Crystal Thirty-eight)

5881 based amps:

Burris(El Ma)

Clark(MTC-45, Congaree)

Cornford(MK 50h)

Demeter(TGA)

Engl(Ritchie Blackmore, Thunder, Classic tube)

Krank(Revolution series one, Chadwick 50)

SDG Vintage(1959 Bassman, Tweed Super)

Soldano(Hot Rod 50, 100, Lucky 13, SLO 100)

Traynor(Custom Valve 40, 80)

Vintone(Twin V Twin)

Wizard(Rock Standard, Metal)

EL34 based amps:

Aiken (Invader, Intruder, Sabre)

Ashdown (Pacemaker 60)

Bad Cat(Hot Cat)

Blockhead (100W, Custom 65

• Members

KT88 based amps:

Divided By 13(RSA 23)

Dr. Z(Delta)

DST(U88)

George Dennis(Basic Tube)

Hiwatt(Custom 200/400)

Komet(Komet 80)

Torres Engineering( Hyperdrive)

VHT(Ultra Lead, Power Amp)

Vintone(Crystal Forty-Eight)

7027 based amp:

Torres Engineering( Hyperdrive)

807 based amps:

Standel(25L15, 25VPH, AM 25L15)

300B based amps:

Siegmund(Diamond)

Wavelength Audio(Triton Blue, Cardinal X2, Napoleon)

Tube combinations:

EL84/6v6 tubes:

Cauble(Omni-Tone 25)

Divided By 13(JRT 9/15)

Electrosonic(Thermosonic, Solaris, Neptune)

Judybox (200 series

• Members

List Completed!!!!! Thanks so much to Maven Peal Amplifiers, Scumbag Amplifiers, Cauble Amplifiers and Cornell Amplifiers for their input. If any builders feel that the information above mentioned is not accurate please contact me and I will make the necessary changes. Builders that were not mentioned there is no biased just that either we are not aware of your product or I looked under your website and there were no specifications about your product. So far I have 9 builders that I will have to contact and ask them for specs.

As for the

• Members

Thats a great list but I was dissapointed to see Matamp only in the EL34 section....

Fair enough, the class a/b GTL and GTO come with el34's stock..but then thats only 2 amps in their range, you've got the C7 (class A)which you can use any octal tube in ,the 6ca7 based 1224 (which you can also use any octal tube in and can be run in class A or A/B)the 6v6 based v28 and r28.

Just a heads up for Matamp really,,,they're designing great amps down there, and not just el34's.

And also the matamp.com website isn't accurate....for proper accurate and up to date Matamp info check out the official UK matamp website here

On here you'll find loads of info on the amps, an owners gallery and an owners club forum.

• Members

Originally posted by riffpowers

Thats a great list but I was dissapointed to see Matamp only in the EL34 section....

Fair enough, the class a/b GTL and GTO come with el34's stock..but then thats only 2 amps in their range, you've got the C7 (class A)which you can use any octal tube in ,the 6ca7 based 1224 (which you can also use any octal tube in and can be run in class A or A/B)the 6v6 based v28 and r28.

Just a heads up for Matamp really,,,they're designing great amps down there, and not just el34's.

And also the matamp.com website isn't accurate....for proper accurate and up to date Matamp info check out the official UK matamp website

On here you'll find loads of info on the amps, an owners gallery and an owners club forum.

riffpower, thanks for the observation...the list has been updated with the info....Thanks again...Keep them coming....

• Members

Nice research, you know that a 6L6 and 6L6GC are the same today 6L6 used to Metal Case and GC stands for Glass Case, I don't think anyone uses metal cased tubes anymore, maybe the Military still does, but not amp builders. KT66 are just special designed 6L6's same as 5881's with their own uniqueness. So many tubes so few good amps, and a damn few good men. I don't find Class A as pleasing to the ear as some people, I like the cleaner sound and higher fidelity of A/B. There are also other Class amps too, B, C, D, and so forth most not used in guitar amps for what ever reason. Nice work.:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by The Boogie Man

Nice research, you know that a 6L6 and 6L6GC are the same today 6L6 used to Metal Case and GC stands for Glass Case, I don't think anyone uses metal cased tubes anymore, maybe the Military still does, but not amp builders. KT66 are just special designed 6L6's same as 5881's with their own uniqueness. So many tubes so few good amps, and a damn few good men. I don't find Class A as pleasing to the ear as some people, I like the cleaner sound and higher fidelity of A/B. There are also other Class amps too, B, C, D, and so forth most not used in guitar amps for what ever reason. Nice work.
:cool:

Thanks for looking BM.......I agree with you about the relation tubes have. Originally I categorized all 6l6 amps under the same category. However, when you read all theses websites some builders emphasized about the tubes they use with their amps and make distinctions. We all know that some tubes are the same, I just categorized each am like that because that is how the amp has been advertised

Archived