Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time spent w/my Dual Rectifier,..interesting findings.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats one thing that they do very well. In terms of its versatitlty, they as alright in low gain tones, but dont seem to have that sweet breakup tones that the marshall does so goddamm well. cleans seem a little stiff too.

Interesting. the first thign I tried and impressed the heck out of me was the clean channel and how very fender deluxereverbish it was.

I've contemplated trying some rubys and maybe I will just for kicks. Just recently got a mix of preamp and power tubes from doug a mix of JJ and c9 preamps and sed 6l6s
    "She's all concerned with stupid girly bull**************** like...getting out of debt....savings accounts....etc. etc. BOOOOORRRRING!!!
    How in the **************** is that going to help me to rock?" - Thelonius

"Don't do the flashcards. Funny in theory, deadly in reality when the ahole becomes infuriated at his own inadeqaucy and shoots you on the spot. " - Taganov

items for sale:
    Ashdown Peacemaker 20 watt 350.00 OBO

Comment

Originally posted by LnTh
      Oh, and im sure 3 channel version is just as good! I'm dying to check one out. GC's around my area dont seem to have em for some reason

They are probably always selling out of them (which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it)

I love my 3 channel voodoo modded recto, I've been using channel 2 modern for my high gain, It sounds great , I like the way the treble controls works as u turn it up and down. The amp seems to be mush dry the lower the treble is. It can almost seem like a different amp just by changing how the treble is set. I love the sound for solo's by switching the power amp to the tube rectifier's, although I'm almost always in bold/silicon

I have it set up with a c9 in V1, gt 12ax7m's in V2 - 4 jan ge 5751 in v5, gt 6ca7's in the power amp.
      Gear:

Deluxe Voodoo modded dual recto
      mesa standard straight 4x12
      Marshall 1960 classic
      gibson les paul custom(surreal td's)
      57 av ri strat (SD lil59, suhr v60's)
      Robertson acoustic

Comment

Originally posted by cobrahead1030
        (and that's taking into consideration that god awful hissing sound i can't get rid of )

I think something might be wrong with yours, cause I dont have this problem with mine. My friend has one too and naver had that problem .

If you can get it fixed it might take over your cobra
        Gear:

Deluxe Voodoo modded dual recto
        mesa standard straight 4x12
        Marshall 1960 classic
        gibson les paul custom(surreal td's)
        57 av ri strat (SD lil59, suhr v60's)
        Robertson acoustic

Comment

This is a really cool and informative thread
          Bogner Amp Forum
          Site Administrator

Brentwood Amplification

Comment

Originally posted by lefchr

I think something might be wrong with yours, cause I dont have this problem with mine. My friend has one too and naver had that problem .

If you can get it fixed it might take over your cobra

there is a minor issue with it causing the noise

unfortunately there are no local techs competent enough to fix it

however, i don't see it moving in on the cobra anytime soon
            Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150
            Splawn OS 2x12 & two 4x12's

Comment

Originally posted by StrykeBack

Finally had mesa boogie e-mail the schematic to switch my parallel effects loop to series so I can use my parametric eq and delays in the loop.

Any chance you might be able to post that schematic?

MJ
              (((you can't corrupt me)))
              Metallica's Gear-Updated 3/20/06 (New recent rig pix)
              Sharp-Concepts Diamondplating (My old EXP)

For Sale:

WANTED:
              *TRIAXIS
              *PRS SC245
              *Gibson LP Standard

Comment

The 2-channel, IMHO, is far better than the 3-channel.

I have multiple years experience with both and it ain't evenb close.

Better sustain, easier harmonics, cuts through the mix, warmer sounding, etc.

But, doesn't it strike anyone as strange that it takes soooo long to find these hidden good tones. Probably my biggest beef with 3-channel variety...f*ck, you spend that much on an amp and it should dial itself in!
                YouTube Video: Children of the Damned (Band: Children of the Damned in Berkeley - 2009)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquPPpKC9XA

YouTube Video: Hot for Teacher (Band: Overdrive) - Dans Bar in Walnut Creek (2006)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyw--8L7tig[/

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi
                  The 2-channel, IMHO, is far better than the 3-channel.

I have multiple years experience with both and it ain't evenb close.

Better sustain, easier harmonics, cuts through the mix, warmer sounding, etc.

But, doesn't it strike anyone as strange that it takes soooo long to find these hidden good tones. Probably my biggest beef with 3-channel variety...f*ck, you spend that much on an amp and it should dial itself in!

if you're just talking about the high gain 'recto signature' tone i'd say i agree with you

BUT the 3 channel offers better cleans, and more tones available, personally i think it's a pretty even trade overall...but everyones' tone needs are different
                  Framus Cobra, Mesa Mark III, VHT Deliverance, Ampeg SS150
                  Splawn OS 2x12 & two 4x12's

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

Thanks!

By having the gain so low (I have it around 1pm) can you still get the harmonic squeels and sustain???

Those are the two things I cannot seem to bring out of this map without having the gain a little higher and an SD1 pushing it...oh yeah, and I have an EQ in the loop too.

Couple of questions...

1) What guitar/pickups are you using?

2) How are you EQ'ing the amp from the loop?

I ask because I went through the exact same set of frustrations with my Road King early on. I now use an old (circa 1983) Boss GE-7 in the loop...always on. I slightly boost the 125, keep the 250 flat, emphasize the 400 & 800 sliders, then round off the rest. On the amp, I keep the bass under 110, the mids at noon, and the treble near zero. For solo's, I use Vintage High Gain/6L6's, Tube Recto, Bold. This gives me a nice, smooth lead tone...kind of chewy, but still good attack. I have little to no problem with sustain or harmonics. Oh, and I keep the gain around 10.

My guitar is a Les Paul with WCR Fillmores in it. (That has a lot to do with the harmonics, IMO.) I have guitars that actually are easier to play, but the Lester just sounds HUGE through the amp.
                    It's a Bill Gates thing!!! (Unless your name is Kage...don't ask.)

Member of the Splawn and Bogner Fanboi posse...

"Woah... thats almost as good as rolling around on a bed made of tits. I

Comment

Thread resurrection.

I just got a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 and my DR sounds pretty different with it (same EQ settings)....lead tone got more nasal, rhythm tone got smoother...hope I get time to experiment at the weekend.

(compared with the Mesa Recto OZ 2x12 I have)

Point of note - the Genz Benz I was using at 16Ohms and the Mesa is of course 8 Ohms
                      SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

Working...
                      X