Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn straight! Can you say 'a half for $30'?

Comment

Guys, before I throw the 6L6's in there I'm gonna play around with the RGP1000 in the loop.
      I think anyway. I don't think the RGP1000 has a bypass so it'll be on all the time. I can't have that since I'm gonna use this thing for clean, too.

Comment

Does the Brown module have more gain than the Plexi module?
        **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
        XT Brotherhood
        SAVE ROCK!
        Me on Flickr

Originally Posted by SirGarrote

You're losing teh rawk.

Originally Posted by Gainon10

I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.

Originally Posted by mattburnside

Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

Comment

Guys,

This is a big design year for us so the modules will be limited, but there are a couple on table. I can only tell you about one which I think will be the "Ecoustic" module. This all tube module will make and solid or hollow body electric guitar sound like a big fat acoustic guitar. We will add voicing options for different size acoustic tones. Now image a full blown heavy metal sound and with the click of a button a beautiful acoustic tone. That's a wide extreme.

As for other modules; I've already kicked my "Krank" habit and I don't want to relive that again. As for any digital or solid-state modules, we plan to keep the MTS line purely tube for now. We go with some digital types of effects down the road, but that will be well into next year.

I will keep you posted guys on any and all updates to MTS and other new products.

Thanks,
          RD/MAN

Comment

Sounds pretty sweet to me! Thand RD/Man.

Anyone wanna swap my SL+ for your Ultra?
            **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
            XT Brotherhood
            SAVE ROCK!
            Me on Flickr

You're losing teh rawk.

Comment

Going to try Steve's (JKD) Ultra module today.......
              Originally Posted by Light em Up

the internet is the place where fools teach fools..

Comment

I actually just swapped with my local store where I bought the amp. Swapped SL+ for Recto.... time to play!!
                **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
                XT Brotherhood
                SAVE ROCK!
                Me on Flickr

You're losing teh rawk.

Comment

Guys,

There's been alot of talk about various amps being to muddy or thin, and alot obviously has to do with the turning of the guitar you use. I do want to let everyone know that there is one cap on all the hi-gain modules that basically adds or takes away low end in just the gain section only. This cap drastically changes the pick attack to either hard or soft, without really changing the overall amount of low end you get.

This cap is on the far left side of the module at position C1 which is about 1/2 way back on the board and is generally a large brown color capacitor. Most of the hi-gain modules either have a .0047u or .0022u in them. The 0047u will be the softest feeling gain, where the lower you go the tighter it will get.

I would recommend to anyone that has the SL+ or any hi-gain module especially if you're really detuning the guitar that you change this cap to a .0022u or even .001u.
                  You will notice a much tighter feeling tone with more pick definition. Any music store with a repair person or electronics repair shop can change this part out very quickly.

Thought I would pass this info along and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
                  RD/MAN

Comment

Originally posted by RD/MAN
                    Guys,

There's been alot of talk about various amps being to muddy or thin, and alot obviously has to do with the turning of the guitar you use. I do want to let everyone know that there is one cap on all the hi-gain modules that basically adds or takes away low end in just the gain section only. This cap drastically changes the pick attack to either hard or soft, without really changing the overall amount of low end you get.

This cap is on the far left side of the module at position C1 which is about 1/2 way back on the board and is generally a large brown color capacitor. Most of the hi-gain modules either have a .0047u or .0022u in them. The 0047u will be the softest feeling gain, where the lower you go the tighter it will get.

I would recommend to anyone that has the SL+ or any hi-gain module especially if you're really detuning the guitar that you change this cap to a .0022u or even .001u.
                    You will notice a much tighter feeling tone with more pick definition. Any music store with a repair person or electronics repair shop can change this part out very quickly.

Thanks,
                    RD/MAN

As always, great info!!! I have always liked the SL+ for leads, but wanted a little tighter sound for rhythms. This should do the trick. Thanks again.

Steve
                    Just because it ends in "s", it doesn't mean that you have to use a ****************ing apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by RD/MAN
                      Guys,

Thanks,
                      RD/MAN

Hey!!! I just bought an Eganator SL++ and hate it. I tune down so maybe if I do this mod I might end up like this module after all? Thanks!! Is it easy to change this cap? I have no idea of what you're talking about.......and have no clue how to do it lol....

Comment

Oh just read the part about the repair person........I'm looking into this!!

Comment

Can I put EL-34's in my RM 100? Or no?

Comment

RD man I just PM'd you and your box is full. Sorry for being redundant but here are my lot of questions (I have many):

I have the 6L6 head with the traditional grill.

Is it possible to get/install the modern grill?

Is it possible to install EL-34's in the amp and rebias or no?

Is the Ultra module typically more noisy than the other modules? I borrowed another forumite's Ultra module and it was full of noise.

Are NOS type tubes going to have a large impact on the modules tone?

I tune in B and A. I read your post on the cap switch. So would you recommend a cap change for me on all modules? The Recto module sounds pretty good the way it is.....but I do like a tad fast attack I have to admit...

Thanks a bunch for your help. I've grown to really like this amp...

Comment

^
                              SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

Originally posted by shred-o-holic

Is it possible to install EL-34's in the amp and rebias or no?

Abso-freakin'-lutely. That's one of the cool things about this amp. I've got EL-34's in mine and will throw 6L6's back in 'em today.

Here are the bias readings from the manual
                                6L6/5881: 28mV to 35mV
                                El34/6CA7: 30mV to 38mV
                                E34Ls: 35mV to 45mV
                                6550: 35mV to 45mV

Comment

Working...
                                X