X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kurtisqpublic
    Monday for my next practice...
    Then I'll be making the decision on wether to trade off the Ultralead or XTC module... There all so good, I think I may just have to run dual RM4s and have 8 modules on tap!
    ~Kurt

Now there's the idea :-D

Randall need to make the RM100 head with 6 slots like someone already suggested...adding the option to go stereo/switch power tubes like the RT2/50 wouldn't hurt either ;-)
    SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

• Originally posted by MitchSchaft
      I gotta wait 'til Sunday to do mine again. I can't wait to try out the Modern module. I think the recto is to "middy" for me or something.

I like the Recto module for that quality you describe though...it's different to a real recto but still has that authoritative thump!

The Modern is less middy for sure and a little darker.

N'OWT!

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

• This thread is funny, it's like watching middle school kids swap trading cards with each other,,,that said,,,I wish I had some cards to swap

Comment

• Yeah, it's awesome. Randall got it right with this one!
          Hell, I think they should make the RM100 with 15 slots!

Comment

• Here's what I just got:

Not only that but has Ruby 12ax7(c) in it as opposed to EH.

N'OWT!

Comment

• "Made in USA' bump :-D

N'OWT!

Comment

• Nice, the box looks cooler, too .
                I just picked the modern module up from the post office from shred.

Comment

Nice, the box looks cooler, too .

I thought that too....they missed one thing on the construction though. No bonding on them big electrolytic caps! Have to be careful inserting this sucker.

Have fun with the modern.

I still say my fave high gainer is the either the Recto or the Ultra!

The XTC is definately inbetween gain wise....first impression is that it'll be great for lower to medium gain tones...possibly better than the Plexi module and certainly > than the SL+. Haven't cranked it yet...baby asleep ;-)

N'OWT!

Comment

• I also need to try out the Ultra if I can get ahold of one .

Comment

I also need to try out the Ultra if I can get ahold of one .

Doh! I shoulda just had shred send you 'em both.

Question for ya - what power tubes you using and what you got 'em biased at? (sorry if I asked before...memory like a sieve I have.)

N'OWT!

Comment

• I threw some tubes remarked by Mesa. Their 6L6-454's. I've got the bias set at 34 right now. I haven't played with the bias and I'm not sure what to expect if I crank the bias down or up.

Comment

• hi guys.

I only can get a tigh sound with my recto module using my sd-1 or my dbx 31 band eq, do ypu think making the cap mod to .001 will help to get a tigh metal tone?.
                          Thanks

Comment

• That's what we're gonna find out real soon, man. I"ve got those caps on the way and I'm gonna throw the .001's in it and test out my recto module for that exact sound you're describing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKD

I thought that too....they missed one thing on the construction though. No bonding on them big electrolytic caps!

That's the glue stuff on the bottom of 'em, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by JKD
                                Here's what I just got:

Not only that but has Ruby 12ax7(c) in it as opposed to EH.

Dude crank that baby up!!! As soon as the baby wakes up.......
                                Originally Posted by Light em Up

the internet is the place where fools teach fools..

Comment

Working...
                                X