7 TONELAB clips + TAPPING VIDEO

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcel Coenen

Theres so few of us

Ah Marcel, I've heard you're playing before too, also very tasteful.
    Part of The MAZI BEE MILTIA m/ m/

Les Pauls & Marshalls = Rock !!!

Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

I'd imagine that putting it in Denise Richards has the heroin-like effect of making you realize the rest of your life isn't worth living. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

Thanks!!
      http://www.myspace.com/robberthanenberg
      http://www.putfile.com/robberthanenberg

Comment

Wonderful playing. I especially liked the use of sustain at the end of the "Vai" clip. Really good connection with the pocket throughout.
        Our website
        http://www.solowayguitars.com

My new MySpace page
        http://www.myspace.com/jimsolowayguitars

Comment

VERY cool! Are you using a string mute towards the nut to keep strings from ringing out? How many fingers are you using on your tapping hand (looks like just the middle, but I THOUGHT I saw your ring and pinky working too... you were too fast for the camera) and most importantly...

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME TABS! I'd love to add some of that technique to my bag o' tricks. Right now I pick sweeps on the fingerboard and then tap top notes with the right hand middle finger (and sometimes ring and pinky finger) but mine don't flow nearly as well as yours or sound as cool. I'd like to steal some of your licks.

Pete
          SPAM SIG:

Jackson JX3 Stereo tube preamp. Two channels with a footsiwtchable 'shred' boost. $149 plus ship. Uses 2 12ax7s and does 80s guitar tones well.

Comment

What is the FULL guitar recording gear?
            ( I mean guitar, pre&power amps, recording machine, all the things thet are between your guitar and my ears).

Comment

Originally posted by danyeo
              Damm, incredible technique here folks. I do some tapping myself but the stuff here is off the wall. DO you have any tabs for any of this stuff. I need to work on arpeggio and sequence taps.
              Holy Crap, me too. My tapping and sweeping leave SO much to be desired it isnt even funny. I need to throw the pick away for awhile and concentrate on this stuff

Great stuff Robert and welcome to the forum!!!

Kage
              My clips, check 'em out!!!
              More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
                ... I need to throw the pick away for awhile and concentrate on this stuff...

Kage

Actually I think it's a good idea to learn it while holding a pick

...unless you're as fast as van halen and michael romeo to tuck away the pick under the other fingers...
                Pod XT CLIPS

Comment

Would you mind sharing your Tonelab patches? I know you gave some general pointers a couples pages back, but seeing all your setting would be really great. If you have a MIDI setup, you can easily upload your patches to share using the software on VOX's website.

It would be an honour if you would participate in some Tonelab discussion. I know you found the Tonelab thread here , but you can also check out the Yahoo group here and the discussion forum here .

Again, fantastic playing. You and Marcel should record a song together. That would be mind-blowing.

Comment

You know, it's kinda hard to follow somebody's hands to figure out what they're doing when they're MOVING TO FAST FOR YOU TO FOLLOW! Now that I think about it, maybe they're not actually hands in a traditional sense; perhaps they are mostly composed of light, taking a form just solid enough to fret a note.

Wonderful stuff, man. Tasty as hell.
                    http://netmusicians.org/?section=user&value=drucifer

Comment

thats a ****************ing insane, welcome Robbert.

Out of interest, how old are you?

that video really really smokes.

RH

Comment

Absolutely stunning, man!!!!!!!!!

I'm a tapping frak, so those tabs would be much appreciated!!
                        R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Masotti X100M head
                        Mesa 4x12" half open back
                        GMW custom guitar
                        Jacaranda Tribe Custom 7 strings
                        Music Man John Petrucci 7 strings with piezos
                        Lexicon PCM70
                        TC Electronics G Major
                        Dunlop 535q
                        http://www.masottiamp.it/std-x100m.html

Comment

****************ing incredible. wow
                          From first to last
                          The peak is never passed
                          Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
                          One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
                          Like a streak of lightning
                          That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
                          -GMW Superstrat
                          -Ibanez RG3120
                          -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Comment

Originally posted by PuppetOfMasters
                            Not bad...

Not bad???? At least his clips are actually him unlike your little Sea Of Lies clip there. Screw "not bad"...he's VERY ****************in good
                            -Fender Vintage 60's Original Tele
                            -Fender American Deluxe Tele
                            -Caparison TAT
                            -Ibanez RG1550
                            -Ibanez PGM301
                            -Ibanez JEM7VWH
                            -Peavey 5150
                            -Mesa Boogie 4x12
                            -POD XT Pro

Comment

sounded good to me.
                              been thinking about getting a Valvetronix...hope it sounds as good
                              Harmony Central is like old milk, you know its bad but you just gotta smell it.

"You have to stick with it". Sometimes you are going to be so frustrated you want to give up the guitar. You'll hate the guitar. But all of this is just a part of learning, because if you stick with it, you’re going to be rewarded."
                              - Jimi Hendrix

"leave no doughnut behind"
                              - Eric Cartman

Comment

That tapping was incredible and those clips where all tasty as hell! Somebody said it earlier but BEST FIRST POST EVER!!
                                Its also great to hear that a great player like yourself can get a good live sound with the modler direct, although i bet you could plug into anything and rip!

If you get a chance to tab a bit of that tapping id love to have a look at how its done.

Comment

Working...
                                X