One of HENDRIX MARSHALLS up for sale on EBAY !!!!

Dr. Tweedbucket

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by rushtallica

No doubt~!
:eek:

But you think someone putting up an amp that will command a lot of money and respect might bother to proofread their listing:

"This is an EXTREMELY RARE
oppertunity
to win one of very few existing Jimi Hendrix' Amp's.

It is a Marshall Super 100 Plexi Head which has been in my
possetion
since 23/9/71. I still have the Original bill of sale from then and the Amp has been 'verbally' authenticated by both Jim and Terry Marshall in 94. There is no way of getting proof of
it's
history buecause of the fact that no records were actually kept from that time. The serial numbers indicate that the amp is approxomately a 1965 build, and that all the marking's are
'as near as damn it' defenitely
a hendrix owned head. Due to
jimi's
destructive temperament this head is not original out of factory spec. it is as follows: The front and back panels do not match, probably because of a hasty rebuild after a show in the back of a bus...... This amp has an alloy chassis which suffered also from jimi's attacks, no 1 input is damaged probably from the head hitting the deck with a jack plug still in it. Marshall re-biased it for 6l6GC valves in 94 but now KT66's are available it can easily be converted back. I still have some of the original KT66's it came with.

What does it sound like?

This amp is unbelievably LOUD, it has a warmth and a percussive punch that makes my hair stand on end, When
i
(Very Occasionally) Fire it up! Very emotive of Jimi's sound."

And look at this:

"This truly is
(probably)
a once in a lifetime, unique opportunity."

Probably?
:confused:;)

:D

.....you missed one .........buecause of the fact.....

What a joker ........ funny he shows no date codes for the pots or trannies....... :rolleyes:

Usually something like that should be authenticated by an auction house..... :o

I've seen retro guitars where you can't tell the difference from the real thing.....I imagine an amp could be retroed in the same manner. That amp would have to have a laydown power tranny .......I would like to see internal pics of it....................:o

• Members

Originally posted by Powerslave

Hm, I'd have to say "maybe." One thing is for sure, though, it WON'T make you sound like Jimi.
;)

+ 1~! If it's genuinely one of Hendrix's old amps, that's cool. I personally would rather buy a similar amp that wasn't Hendrix's, saving a lot of money for the other gear it'd take to get closer to his tone if that's what I was after. But there may be a market for authentic Hendrix gear that keeps a value up.

I thought about getting a picture of my old boombox and putting a piece of tape across the top, spelling Jimy Hendricks (with the r backwards) to see if I could get some attention on e-bay~! :D

(I wouldn't mis-rep a product there, though) ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

WOW !!
:eek:

:o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=7306711140&rd=1

Oh yea, let's all rush and spend a small fortune on a beat up amp from 1965 that (may or may not work properly) all this just because Jimi blew his load on it? That's right up there with buy Elvis sweat in a vial! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Highgrade

That's right up there with buy Elvis sweat in a vial!

You mean I can get this!!?!??!?!

On a serious note, it's not that unplausible that Jimi at least owned it for a couple years. I'm sure he played through about 200 Marshalls in his career. My buddy Bruce's friend Danny Gill used to have a Marshall that was owned by Jimi.

• Members

Originally posted by DRIVING FORCE

We just decided that it was time to let someone else enjoy it. It rarely sees the light of day here......

We really didnt realise how many people would be interested in it, we thought we would get some reaction but this has been crazy!

something like this shouldn't be sold off to some moron who might treat it like {censored} and eventually destroy it. i think you should sell it or donate it to an appropriate museum.

this thing's a piece of history and without the right care who knows what'll happen to it.

PS. Your website offends me with its bad taste and 'humor'.

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

something like this shouldn't be sold off to some moron who might treat it like {censored} and eventually destroy it. i think you should sell it or donate it to an appropriate museum.

this thing's a piece of history and without the right care who knows what'll happen to it.

PS. Your website offends me with its bad taste and 'humor'.

+1 I agree it should be sold to a museum. It wouldn't be bad to offer it to Hendrix's family either, since they now have control of his music.

• Members

a broken down 40 year old delapidated Marshall and the SUCKERS are bidding on it....cause Jimi played on it...at some point in time!!

....true unadulterated idiots!

:rolleyes:

do the words, 'piece of rock and roll history' mean anything to you??

• Members

a broken down 40 year old delapidated Marshall and the SUCKERS are bidding on it....cause Jimi played on it...at some point in time!!

....true unadulterated idiots!

:rolleyes:

I think you are missing a screw.

Archived